Are you looking for the list of GNM colleges in Ernakulam, Kerala? Do you want to pursue GNM course and build a decent career in healthcare sector? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve compiled a list of best GNM colleges in Ernakulam.
GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. It is a Diploma level nursing program. Candidates who have completed 12th Science with PCB subjects are eligible to pursue this course. However, eligibility criteria may vary from one college to another.
Some GNM colleges are known to accept 10+2 candidates hailing from any stream. The course is 3.5 years long. The course consists of classroom lectures and practical training. You may also check – Nursing courses and career prospects.
In this post, you will find the names of popular GNM colleges in Ernakulam district. Readers may go through the entire list and choose a good GNM college.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of GNM colleges in Ernakulam 2021
- Government Nursing School, Kalamassery, Ernakulam
- Government School of Nursing, Ernakulam
- Cochin Port Trust School of Nursing, Willingdon Island, Kochi
- Indira Gandhi School of Nursing, Kadavanthra
- Medical Trust School of Nursing, Kochi
- AP Varkey Mission School of Nursing, Arakkunnam
- Carmel School of Nursing, Aluva
- Vimala School of Nursing, Kanjoor
- School of Nursing, St Josephs Hospital, Kothamangalam
- Devamatha School of Nursing, Koothattukulam
- School of Nursing, Mar Baselios Medical Mission Hospital, Kothamangalam
- School of Nursing, Don Bosco Hospital, North Paravoor
- EMC School of Nursing, Palarivattom
- Gautham School of Nursing, Panayappilly
- School of Nursing, Samaritan Hospital, Pazhanganad
- School of Nursing, PS Mission Hospital, Maradu
- Lisie School of Nursing, Kochi
- Lourdes College of Nursing, Kochi
- School of Nursing, Nirmala Medical Centre, Muvattupuzha
- School of Nursing, Little Flower Hospital, Angamaly
- Peace Foundation School of Nursing, Piravom
- Lourdes School of Nursing, Chembumukku
- Najath School of Nursing, Aluva
- MAJ School of Nursing, Edapally
- MOSC School of Nursing, Kolenchery
Readers may go through the entire list and choose a good GNM college. The list has not been ranked in any order.
After completing this course, one may find a decent job in healthcare establishments such as – hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes etc.
GNM is a Diploma level nursing program. If possible, a candidate may apply for an advanced nursing program like B.Sc. Nursing. An advanced program will further boost your career prospects.
Tuition fee may vary from one college to another. It depends upon factors like – type of the institute, profile of the institute, its rating, scholarship availability etc.
Generally speaking, Government nursing colleges charge very low tuition fee. These colleges provide subsidized education.
On the other hand, private colleges charge relatively higher tuition fee. These colleges are usually run by educational or charitable trusts. Thanks to private ownership, these colleges charge higher fee than their public sector counterparts.