Have you passed 12th standard? Do you want to pursue GNM course after 12th? Are you looking for the list of best GNM colleges in Kasaragod, Kerala? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve compiled a list of best GNM nursing colleges in Kasaragod.
GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. It is a diploma nursing program. Students who have passed 12th Science with relevant subjects (biology group) are eligible to pursue this course.
Each year, a large number of candidates apply for GNM admission in Kerala. This post will be of help to such aspirants. Information provided here will help them pick a good GNM college.
A good GNM college must perform well in areas such as – quality of infrastructure, experience of the faculty, amenities, labs, equipment etc. Apart from that, the college must also be registered and recognized by relevant chapter of the Nursing Council!
Institutes listed in this post perform and score well in the above mentioned areas. Here, I’ve covered the following details – names of best GNM colleges in Kasaragod, details about GNM program and admission process.
Let us check out the list of institutes now. Here it is –
Top GNM Colleges in Kasaragod 2020
- Government School of Nursing, Kanhangad, Kasaragod
- Carewell School of Nursing, Kasaragod
- School of Nursing, Kasaragod Institute of Medical Sciences, Kasaragod
- Priyadarshini Nursing School, Kanhangad, Kasaragod
- EK Nayanar Memorial Cooperative School of Nursing, Kasaragod
- Fathima School of Nursing, Aramana Hospital and Medical Institute, Kasaragod
- Malik Dinar School of Nursing, Thalangara, Kasaragod
- Mansoor Hospital of Nursing, Kanhangad, Kasaragod
The list consists of both Government and private GNM institutes. And the list has not been ranked in any order. Readers may go through the entire list and choose a good institute. Do you want to know more about the admission process? If yes, here is everything you need to know about it –
Admission process may vary from one institute to another. Good institutes conduct merit based admission process. When it comes to merit based admission process, seats are awarded among deserving candidates on the basis of their rank in the merit list. The merit list is formed in the basis of marks scored by candidates in board exam and/or relevant selection test.
However, admission process may vary from one institute to another. If an institute has too many vacant seats, it may conduct a direct admission process. Some seats are reserved under the management-quota admission!
GNM Course: An Analysis
- Full form: General Nursing and Midwifery
- Format: Diploma
- Domain: Nursing and midwifery
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: Candidates who have passed 12th Science with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are preferred
What after GNM?
After completing GNM, interested candidates may pursue Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program. Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing course is 2 years long. In this way, a candidate may obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing! It will open new doors of opportunities in front of a candidate!Share this awesome article!