Are you looking for the list of GNM colleges in Kozhikode, Kerala? Do you want to pursue GNM course after completing 12th class? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve compiled a list of best GNM colleges in Kozhikode.
In this post, readers will find the following details – list of GNM colleges in Kozhikode, details about the course, admission process and career prospects. 12th passed candidates will benefit from this post.
Let us check out the list of GNM colleges now. Here it is –
List of GNM colleges in Kozhikode
- Government College of Nursing, Kozhikode
- Baby Memorial School of Nursing, Kozhikode
- Vatakara Cooperative Institute of Nursing, Kozhikode
- School of Nursing, Cooperative Hospital, Kozhikode
- Janatha Hospital School of Nursing, Vadakara
- JDT Islam School of Nursing, Vellimadukkunnu
- KMCT School of Nursing, Kozhikode
- Santhi Hospital School of Nursing, Kozhikode
- PVS School of Nursing, Kozhikode
- Lisa School of Nursing, Thiruvambady
- MIMS School of Nursing, Kozhikode
- Nirmala Hospital School of Nursing, Marikkunnu
- National Hospital School of Nursing, Kozhikode
The list consists of government and private nursing colleges. The list has not been ranked in any order.
Government GNM colleges are owned by relevant wing or department of the state government. Private GNM colleges are managed and owned by private trusts.
It is a well known fact that government GNM colleges charge relatively low tuition fee. On the other hand, private colleges are known to charge relatively higher tuition fee.
Let us talk about the course now. GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. It is a Diploma nursing program. After completing this course, a successful candidate will obtain diploma certificate.
The course is 3.5 years long. The curriculum consists of classroom lectures and practical training. Nursing education relies on practical training a lot. This is the main reason why the curriculum consists of numerous lab and practical training classes.
Let us talk about the admission process now. In order to secure admission into a good nursing institute, a candidate must crack relevant entrance exam. Good institutes select candidates on the basis of merit. However, admission process may vary from one college to another.
Some institutes are known to have direct admission process. After completing this course, a candidate may find work at healthcare institutes such as – hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers etc.