Are you looking for the list of best GNM colleges in Thrissur, Kerala? Do you want to build a decent career in healthcare industry? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve compiled a list of top GNM colleges in Thrissur.
Nursing education aspirants will benefit from this post. It has been crafted keeping their needs in mind. In this post, readers will find the following details – list of GNM colleges in Thrissur, GNM course details, admission process and career prospects.
Let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of GNM colleges in Thrissur 2020
- Government School of Nursing, Thrissur
- District Cooperative Nursing, Thrissur
- West Fort School of Nursing, Thrissur
- Trichur Heart Hospital Limited School of Nursing, Thrissur
- Abdul Vahab Raja School of Nursing, Muthuvattur, Thrissur
- Amala School of Nursing, Thrissur
- St Joseph’s School of Nursing, Choondal, Thrissur
- St James School of Nursing, Chalakudy, Thrissur
- Ansar School of Nursing, Perumbilavu, Thrissur
- Aswini School of Nursing, Thrissur
- School of Nursing, St Vincent De Paul Hospital, Ollur, Thrissur
- School of Nursing, Trichur Metropolitan Healthcare Private Limited, Thrissur
- Elite Mission School of Nursing, Thrissur
- Irinjalakkuda Cooperative School of Nursing, Irinjalakkuda, Thrissur
- School of Nursing, Bishop Alappat Mission Hospital, Kattoor, Thrissur
- Sanjo School of Nursing, Pavaratty, Thrissur
- Sacred Heart School of Nursing, Irinjalakkuda, Thrissur
- Jubilee Mission School of Nursing, Thrissur
- Lal Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, Madayikonam, Thrissur
- Mothers School of Nursing, Olarikkara, Thrissur
- Modern School of Nursing, Kodungallur, Thrissur
- Mary Immaculate School of Nursing, Engandiyur, Thrissur
- Malankara Medical Mission School of Nursing, Kunnamkulam, Thrissur
- Maria Theresa School of Nursing, Kuzhikkaattuserry, Thrissur
GNM stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. It is a diploma nursing program. Candidates who have passed 12th Science with PCB subjects are eligible to pursue this course. Eligibility criteria may vary from one institute to another though! Many GNM colleges are known to accept candidates who have passed 12th standard (any stream). The course duration is 3.5 years.
Admission process may vary from one institute to another. Good institutes follow merit based admission process. Some other institutes conduct direct and/or donation based admission process. You may also check – Distance education programs.
After completing GNM course, one may find a decent job in healthcare institutes like – hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers etc. One may even go for higher studies! GNM passed candidates may pursue B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) program.Share this awesome article!