IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University. It is one of the most popular distance learning University in India. It is known to offer numerous UG (Undergraduate), PG (Postgraduate) and Doctoral level academic programs. In this article, you will find everything you need to know about IGNOU online application process.
How’s this article of help to me, you may ask. Here, you will find everything you need to know about the online application process for the year 2020. If you are an IGNOU distance education aspirant, you will be able to take the first step (admission process) after reading this article!
The step-by-step online application and admission process have been discussed in detail ahead. Before heading to the meat of the matter, let us check out some basic details about IGNOU and courses offered by it.
IGNOU is the most popular distance learning University in India. It is a National level distance learning University. Students from around India can pursue various academic programs from IGNOU.
The University usually has zonal administration centers in major districts across Indian states. Come, let us check out the main courses offered by IGNOU. Here they are –
Broadly speaking, IGNOU offers the following types of courses –
- UG (Undergraduate) courses
- PG (Postgraduate) courses
- Doctoral Degree courses
The above mentioned academic programs can be divided into the following formats –
- Certificate courses
- Diploma courses
- Bachelor’s Degree courses
- PG/Advanced Diploma courses
- PG Certificate courses
- Master’s Degree courses
- Doctoral Degree courses
IGNOU offers academic programs belonging to a wide variety of disciplines. Some such notable disciplines are –
- Agriculture & Allied disciplines
- Foreign Languages
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Computer and Information Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Gender and Development Studies
- Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies
- Management Studies
- Social Science
- Translation Studies
- Continuing Education
- Extension and Development Studies
- Health Sciences
- Journalism and New Media Studies
- Performing and Visual Arts
- Social Work
- Vocational Education and Training
Let us move to the meat of the matter – IGNOU online application process. Here it is –
Everything you need to know about IGNOU online application 2020
Why apply online?
Aspirants may apply for IGNOU courses using online or offline mode. But it is better to go for online mode! Why so, you may ask.
First of all, online application process is very simple and instant. It is very easy to apply online on IGNOU’s online admission process.
The application process can be completed quickly online! Yes, all you need to do is follow the instructions and submit relevant documents online. If you follow the instructions correctly, the process can be completed within few minutes!
While applying online, there’s no need to submit physical/hard copies of relevant documents. All you need to do is – scan and submit relevant documents online!
Step-by-step online application process
- The first step is to access this url – onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission
- Follow the instructions and complete the registration process
- Your username and password will be sent via E Mail
- Access the admission portal again and login using your credentials
- Fill the application form online
- Upload recent passport size photograph, signature specimen and relevant documents (discussed ahead)
- Check the declaration and preview confirm all the details
- Make online application fees using debit/credit card/net banking
- Press the ‘next’ button
- Print/save your registration form
While filling the form, you’ll be asked to enter the following details – personal details, program details, qualification details, course details, and correspondence details. Make sure that you feed correct information.
Let us check out the list of documents required (to be scanned and submitted). Here they are –
Scanned Documents required
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line (less than 400 KB)
Online payment methods
You may use the following methods to pay the application fees online –
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card