Have you completed 12th Science with PCB subjects? Do you want to pursue a good medical course? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, you will be reading about the best medical courses after 12th.
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when talking about medical courses? MBBS and BDS? That’s it? Well, there are many more medical courses, which you are eligible to pursue after 12th Science!
Medical courses can be pursued by students who have completed 12th Science with PCB subjects. PCB subjects together makes the ‘Biology group’. Biology group is also popularly known as ‘B’ group among students.
Apart from MBBS and BDS, there also exists numerous medical courses. Some such courses are – nursing, ayurveda, homeopathy, unani, science courses (B.Sc.), teacher training courses, paramedical courses and other diploma courses. Also check – top courses after 12th Science stream.
Let us check out the best medical courses available in India –
Medical courses after 12th Science
It is probably the most popular medical course available in India. MBBS course is 5½ years long. The academic program is 4½ year long. At the end, there’s a 1 year long internship program. MBBS is the minimum qualification required to practice as a Doctor in India.
BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. To become a Dentist, one must complete this academic program. This course is 5 years long (including internship).
3 B.Sc. Nursing
This course will help you become a Registered Nurse (RN)! The course duration is 3-4 years. The academic program consists of classroom lectures and practical training.
4 B.Pharm. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
B.Pharm. Degree will help you become a licensed chemist in India. The course duration is 4 years. The course primarily focuses on subjects like pharmacy, chemistry, biology and healthcare.
5 Pharm D
Pharm D and B.Pharm. are two different courses! Pharm D course stands for Doctor of Pharmacy. It is more advanced than B.Pharm. course! The course duration is 6 years.
BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. Unlike MBBS, this course focuses on concepts of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic medicine. After completing this course, one will earn the title of Doctor (Ayurveda). The course is 5½ years long.
BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. This discipline aims at treating patients using homeopathic methods and medicine. After completing this course, one will earn the title of Doctor (Homeopathic). The course is 5½ years long
BUMS stands for Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery. This discipline aims at treating patients using the Unani system of healing. The course is 5½ years long.
9 BPT (Physiotherapy)
BPT stands for Bachelor of Physiotherapy. This discipline uses massages, exercises and movement of muscles to treat patients who are have suffered injuries from accidents or are recovering from surgeries. The course is 4½ years long.
10 B.V.Sc. & A.H.
This course is popularly known as Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry. This discipline focuses on the use of biology and technology to treat and prevent diseases occurring in animals. The course is 5 years long.
11 BOT (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy)
BOT course focuses on Occupational Therapy. This discipline is all about using exercises, training, aiding devices, environmental adaptation and equipment to treat patients suffering from physical, mental, emotional and neurological limitations. The course is 4½ years long.
12 BASLP (Bachelor of Audiology Speech Language Pathology)
This course focuses on subjects such as – audiology, hearing disorders, auditory systems and speech language therapy. The course is 5 years long (including the internship).
13 Other B.Sc. courses
B.Sc. Nursing is the most popular science course among biology students. Apart from nursing, there are many other relevant science courses available in India. Some of them are –
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Biology
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Environmental Science
- B.Sc. Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Radiology
- B.Sc. Bioinformatics
- B.Sc. Anthropology
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Zoology
- B.Sc. Forensic Science
- B.Sc. Agriculture
- B.Sc. Pathology
- B.Sc. Speech Therapy
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries Science)
- B.Sc. Horticulture
- B.Sc. Genetics
- B.Sc. Health Science and Nutrition
- B.Sc. Sports Science
- B.Sc. Audiology
- B.Sc. Botany
14 Paramedical courses
Paramedical courses are related to the allied healthcare sector. Such courses deals with subjects like medical lab technology, diagnosis technology, radiology etc. Here are some of the best paramedical courses available in India –
- B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc. in X Ray Technology
- B.Sc. in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- B.Sc. in Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Record Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. in Ophthalmic Technology
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. in Speech Therapy
- BASLP Course
- B.Sc. in Audiology
- B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology
- B.Sc. in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- B.Sc. in Optometry
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology (DOTT)
- Diploma in X Ray Technology
- Diploma in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- Diploma in ECG Technology
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Anaesthesia Technology
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant
- Diploma in Sanitary Inspector
- Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech (DHLS)
- Diploma in Dental Hygienist
- Diploma in Audiometry Technician
- Diploma in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- X-Ray/Radiology Assistant (or Technician)
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Operation Theatre Assistant
- Nursing Care Assistant (Certificate)
- ECG Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- CT Scan Technician
- Dialysis Technician
- MRI Technician
15 Other Diploma courses
Here are some other relevant Diploma courses for PCB group students –
- GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery)
- ANM (Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery)
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Yoga Education