Education is one of the most important things in the country. Most students in the country opt for higher education in order to ascertain their success in the respective fields that they work in. However, most students don’t get to fulfil their dreams very often due to the never-ending financial problems of the country.
This is exactly why the government and some private institutes came up with the idea of scholarships in order to make sure that the students get their rights to proper education. Here we are going to mention a few of them for you. If you have just passed 10th class, check out this guide – scholarships after 10th standard.
List of Scholarships after 12th standard
1. Central Sector Scholar Scheme For College And University Students
The MHRD government of India has given the Central Sector Scholar Scheme for college and university students who are meritorious. It is given to those who have passed class 12. This scheme was particularly introduced in the 11th five-year plan while the government had discontinued all the previous plans.
According to the government the Central Sector Scholar Scheme of college and university students 2018 is for those students who have low family income and are not able to pursue higher studies. The candidates can apply through the National Scholarship Portal for the Central Sector Scholar Scheme for college and university students in 2018.
Here are some facts about the Central Scholarship Scheme for colleges and University –
- The scholarship will be given depending on the marks of the student they have scored in their class 12 result. The government will not conduct any special or separate exam for the scholarship of the students
- The government will give a total number of 82,000 scholarship to the students out of which 41,000 will be for boys and the rest 41,000 for the girls
- It is necessary that the students have an Aadhar card for the registration of the Central Scholar Scheme and its renewal
- The candidates have to renew their respective scholarship by filling up and application form every year
Important Dates For The Central Scheme Scholarship –
Here are some important dates of the Central Scholarship Scheme –
- Renewal Of The Scholarship: The renewal date of the scholarship will start from 23rd of July 2018
- Last Date Of Submission: The last date for the submission of the Central Scholarship Scheme for the fresh candidates is 31st of October 2018
- Last Date Of Renewal: The last date for the renewal of the application for the scholarship of the candidate is 31st of October 2018
Eligibility Criteria For The Scholarship
Below here are mentioned some of the eligibility criteria that the candidate has to meet for the Central Scholarship Scheme 2018 –
- Gender: The scheme is available to both girls and boys
- Class: The candidate should have passed 12
- Nationality: The candidates who are going to apply for the scholarship should be a citizen of India along with a non-creamy layer
- Academic Qualification: The candidates should have passed the examinations of class 12 that is conducted by the CBSE, ISC or any other state boards of the states
- Minimum Marks: The government of India has fixed certain marks depending on the streams of the candidates for the scholarship. The candidates will select their board and type their roll number and check whether they are eligible for the Central Sector Scholarship or not
- Institution: The candidates must take admission to any type of undergraduate or a regular course form any Indian college or institution
- Annual Income Of The Family: After the income from all the sources of the family, the income should not exceed Rs. 6 lakhs in a year. If the income is more than Rs. 6 lakhs, candidates will not be able to apply for the scholarship. Earlier the minimum income was Rs. 4.5 lakhs.
- The candidates must not belong to any creamy layer and must not apply for any other scholarship. However, if the candidate is already availing any other type of scholarship then he or she won’t be allowed to apply for the scholarship
- It is must that the candidate has to pursue a regular course. Any type of correspondence or distance learning will not be allowed
Disbursal Of The Scholarship
- The scholarship amount will be received by the candidate in their bank account through the Electronic Clearing System mode.
- In order to receive the amount of scholarship the candidates should have a bank account in any nationalised bank of India that has ECS facility.
- During the time of filling the application, the candidate should provide their bank account no, a name of the bank, a detailed address of the bank and proper NEFT/RTGS branch code of the bank.
2. Siemens Scholarships
This scholarship is generally for the engineering students. The Siemens Scholarship was generally introduced by Siemens India associating with the Smile Foundation and Growth Center(I) Pvt. Ltd. The main aim of the Siemens Scholarship is the promotion of the engineering education among the meritorious students who belong from very less privileged families.
It is for those students who dream to pursue their career as future engineers but don’t have the academic fees. The students who are selected for the engineering will be given a Siemens Scholarship throughout their four-year duration of the course.
The Siemens Scholarships will be provided to the students of the following branches –
- Electronics and Telecommunication
- Information Technology and Computer Science
In the second batch of the Scholarship program, Siemens has received a total number of 1142 applications from 21 states of India.
Eligibility Criteria For Siemens
- The Siemens Scholarship is available both for the boys and girls
- The candidate should be a student of 1st-year form any government engineering colleges in India pursuing their bachelorette course
- Annual Income Of The Family: The maximum family income of the candidate should not exceed Rs. 2 lakhs including all the sources of income
- Minimum Marks: The minimum marks scored by the candidate in HSLC should be at least 60%. While in class, the candidate must have an aggregate of 50% marks and should have scored at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths
- The candidate should also score an aggregate of 40% marks in state CET or JEE Main
- The candidate is allowed to apply for the Siemens Scholarship even if they are availing any other Scholarship
- Candidates who are up to 20 years of age can apply
Application Procedure For Siemens Scholarships
- The candidates will get the application form at the official website of the Siemens Scholarship which they have to fill and submit. There are no offline forms that are available for the scholarship
- Students belonging from Puducherry and Tamil Nadu can enter the marks scored in class 12 as these Union Territories and States do not conduct any type of entrance examination. The candidates need not upload any kind of documents while they upload the application form
Selection Process Of Siemens
- The candidates are selected depending on the scholarship application received by the committee. However, the candidate must also fulfil all the criteria that are mentioned above
- The decision of the Siemens selection committee final in all aspects and will be applicable to all the candidates. Any kind of correspondence or whatsoever will not be entertained by Siemens.
3. Panasonic Ratti Chapter Scholarship
Panasonic Ratti Chattr Scholarship provides help to those meritorious students who want to study a graduate B.E or B.Tech course from any IIT in India. The application form of the Panasonic Ratti Chattr Scholarship will be available from 1st July 2018. The last date for submitting the application form is 16th August 2018. The Panasonic Ratti Chattr Scholarship was launched in the year of 1998 with the aim of helping the students financially to pursue their study who have a low family income.
The students who have very family income and want to study B.E or B.Tech from any of the IITs in India can easily apply for the Panasonic Ratti Chattr Scholarship. Every year the Panasonic Ratti Chattr Scholarship accepts around 30 students for the scholarship. The students who are selected for the scholarship will get around Rs. 42,500 per year to cover all the tuition fees for the course in IIT. The candidates who are selected in the IITs can only apply for this scholarship.
Important Dates Of The Scholarship
- Here are some of the important dates of the Panasonic Ratti Chattr Scholarship –
- Application Form: The application form for the scholarship will begin from 1st June 2018
- Last Date: The last date for the submission of the application form is 16th August 2018
- Notification: The notification for the candidates who are shortlisted will be out on 18-19th August
- Skype Interview: The candidates will have to give a skype interview with Panasonic on 22nd and 23rd August 2018
- Result: The result of the scholarship will be out on 23rd August 2018
- There will be a culmination event in Delhi on 30th August 2018
Eligibility Criteria For Panasonic Ratti Chattr Scholarship
Below here are mentioned few eligibility criteria of the scholarship that the candidate has to meet –
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen
- Admissions: Candidates who are from the 2018-2022 batch can apply for the scholarship of 2018
- Income: The candidate must hold a BPL card or their the income of their family is not able to fund the fees of IIT course
- Qualification: Candidates should have passed the class 12 exams or waiting for the results to be declared. The candidates must have distinguished the academic record and should have completed 14 years of school education
- The candidates must also be accepted as eligible for enrolling in all the engineering colleges that are targeted
- Candidates should also have a strong background in the extra-curricular activities
- The candidates must have an admission letter and the receipt of the fees for the first semester to be eligible for the scholarship
Application Form Process Of The Scholarship
The candidates can apply for the Panasonic Ratti Chattr Scholarship both through the offline and online mode. The candidates who are aiming to avail this scholarship must fill the application form of the scholarship in due date. The mode of filling the application is given below –
- Online: Candidates have to visit the official website of the Panasonic Scholarship in order to fill the application and click on the link given on the website to upload
- Offline: Candidates can apply through offline mode also. All they have to is to visit the official website of the Panasonic and download the form
4. UGC Merit Scholarship For Rank Holders
This UGC Merit Scholarship is given by the UGC by the help of the Ministry of Resource and Development to the 1st and 2nd rank holders of the University in order to pursue their graduation course. The UGC has been granting scholarships for quite a long time to all the deserving students under various sub-heads for promoting the higher education in the country. You may also check – courses after 12th science.
The UGC scholarship for the rank holders of the University is generally given to those students who want to do a post-graduation course in a non-professional study. The students must have done their bachelors in any of the following subjects –
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Eligibility Criteria For The Scholarship
Here are some of the eligibility criteria that the students have to meet for the UGC scholarships –
- The students must at least achieve the second position in the University level in any undergraduate course with a minimum of 60% marks
- The students must take admission in a regular and any non-professional post-graduate course
- The age of the students should not exceed 30 years
- For those students who have studied in any private University or any non-affiliated college can also apply for the scholarship. However, there must be at least 25 students who have appeared in the examination
- Students who have pursued their undergraduate course from any distance learning or Open University are not eligible to apply
Application Form Of UGC
- In the personal information column of the application, the students have to provide all their personal information regarding the contact information, address, the rank they have achieved in the examination
- The students will also be asked to upload their scanned documents in the same section of the information column
- In the declaration and the qualification column the students have to upload the scanned mark sheet of the undergraduate course along with all the reports of joining in the undergraduate course
- After the students have filled in all the information, they can also edit the information in case of any mistakes occur and take the print out of the application form
Selection Process For The Scholarship
- The selection process of the application form is done on the basis of the merit list that is prepared
- The scholarship will be given to the institution directly where the scholars have taken admission for the post-graduation course
5. CBSE UDAAN Scholarship 2017 for Girls
The Central Board of University has one of the best scholarships for the girls. The name of the scholarship is Udaan Scholarship and it will be for all the willing and the eligible aspirants who want to have a shot at the scholarship. The students that will fulfil the criteria are required to fill up the application form of the Udaan Registration with the help of an official link that will be mentioned on the official website.
Special Features Of The Udaan Scheme
Well, Udaan is one of the most important schemes that provide the girl students with those who have an aspiration to pursue a higher education and support in the engineering courses and it also urges them to prepare properly for the all the entrance exams while they are preparing for their exams in their classes of 11 and 12.
The UDAAN scholarship program mentions that about 1000 girls will be competing for an admission to some of the top colleges of engineering in the country. The selection of the students happens on the basis of their merit results.
Another one of the amazing things about the Udaan scholarship is that the students get the comprehensive course for free and that too in an offline as well as an online format. Apart from that, the students will also be provided with some of the best lectures, tutorials, and other important study materials as well on a tablet. Financial assistance will also be provided to the students who want to have the tablet that is offered.
Periodic counselling is also provided to the parents and the students who qualify for the program.
The Udaan scheme also provides financial assistance that is often in the form of tuition fee, admission fee, hostel charges to the students who get at least 75% attendance in the classes that happen in the Udaan program. this can be a huge help to those families that cannot afford the cost for the education of their girl child.
This further helps the students get admission into the prestigious engineering institutes such as NITs and IITs for which financial assistance is provided by the program as well. The Udaan scholarship is definitely a dream-come-true for the girl students who want to achieve their dreams of higher education and success. You may also check – courses after 12th commerce.
Eligibility For The Udaan Scholarship
- The Indian citizens are eligible for the scholarship. Here are the eligibility criteria for the students.
- The girl students who are in the 11th class with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their subjects.
- The students need to have 70% marks in their class 10 and about 80% marks in the subjects of mathematics and science.
- Families income annually must be less than Rs. 6 lakh.
- The selection of the students happens on the basis of merit. The main preference is given to the students who have a low economic background.
Application Procedure For Udaan
The students who want to apply for the Udaan scheme need to go to the official website of CBSE and fill up the application form that is required.
6. Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
Promoting the education of women certainly holds very much importance in the country. It is the most important objective that education policy. It has been observed that the girl students have a very high ratio of dropping out of education. Therefore, it has become really important for the government to have new and important initiatives to promote the education of the girl students in the country. The girls in India deserve an equal right to education and dignity.
This is exactly what this particular scholarship is trying to do. The Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child scholarship promotes the education of the girl’s students in India who deserve equality.
Objectives Of The Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Scholarship
The different objectives of the Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship that people should know about –
- One of the main objectives of the scholarship is to promote and support the scholarship of the girl child in the Department of Social Sciences
- The scholarship also recognizes the value of the observance of any small family norm
- It also recognizes the norms that a single girl child has to face in the society
- The main focus of the scholarship is to propagate the single girl child concept</p
- Promoting the rights of the girls in the society
Eligibility For The Scholarship
- There are certain conditions of the scholarship that the aspirants need to fulfil. In order to be considered as eligible for the scholarship. The girl students who have another sibling who is a boy will not be able to apply for the scholarships. Here are some of the eligibility criteria that the student needs to fulfil.
- The scholarship is applicable for the single girl child who is properly registered in the PhD program of any reputed college or university.
- The girl students who are under the age group of 40 in the General category and about 45 in the reserved category will be able to apply for the scholarship program.
- The transgender candidates are also eligible for applying under the scholarship program.
Online Application Procedure For The Girl Child
The students can go to the official website of the scholarship program in order to apply. It is to be noted that the application will be accepted if only it is sent online.
So, the students need to follow all the guidelines in order to make sure that their application is submitted successfully.
Opting for higher education is really important for the students. It is the only way that they can have success in their career. With the help of these scholarships, it will be easy for the students of the country to have the financial assistance that they might need while preparing for their education and career. You may also check – courses after 12th arts.
These are some of the most important scholarships that are provided by the Government. So, the students are advised to choose wisely while they are selecting a particular scholarship so that they can ascertain their future.Share this awesome article!