Have you passed 10th or 12th standard? Are you interested in pursuing a good Distance education course? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best distance education programs for 10th and 12th passed students.
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind while talking about distance education? Yes, it’s the flexibility of the program! For govt jobs, please check – govt jobs after 10th & govt jobs after 12th.
Unlike regular classroom courses, distance education programs can be pursued from the comfort of your home! You may pursue the course from an institute located far from your state, while sitting at your home! Also check – Event management courses.
The study material usually reaches your home by post. Yes, you may be asked to appear for a handful of lectures at a designated local Institute/College/University. And you must also appear for the examination and evaluation tests.
Types of Distance Education Programs
There are different types of distance education programs available in India. Based on the Degree associated with the program, they can be classified into the following categories –
- Certificate courses
- Diploma courses
- Bachelor’s Degree courses
- Master’s Degree courses
- PG Diploma courses
- Doctoral Degree courses
Among the courses mentioned above, 10th passed students usually have access to certificate and some Diploma courses. 12th passed students have access to certificate, Diploma and Bachelor’s Degree courses.
Master’s and PG Diploma programs are meant for Bachelor’s Degree holders. Doctoral Degree programs are meant for those who hold relevant Master’s/PG Diploma Degrees.
In this article, we will focus on courses for 10th and 12th passed students only! Hence, Master’s, PG Diploma and Doctoral Degree programs haven’t been listed here!
Let us check out each course format. Here they are –
List of Distance Education Courses after 10th and 12th
1 Distance education Certificate courses
- Certificate in Sericulture
- Certificate in Water Harvesting and Management
- Certificate in Poultry Farming
- Certificate in Bee Keeping
- Certificate in Organic Farming
- Certificate in Guidance
- Certificate in Russian Language
- Certificate in French Language
- Certificate in Arabic Language
- Certificate in Urdu Language
- Certificate in Functional English
- Certificate in Human Rights
- Certificate in Consumer Protection
- Certificate in International Humanitarian Law
- Certificate in Anti-Human Trafficking
- Certificate in Co-Operation, Co-Operative Law
- Certificate in Laboratory Techniques
- Certificate in Tourism Studies
Note: Some Certificate programs are meant for 12th passed students.
2 Distance education Diploma Courses
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables
- Diploma in Fish Products Technology
- Diploma in Watershed Management
- Diploma in Meat Technology
- Diploma in Elementary Education
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in Urdu
- Diploma in Paralegal Practice
- Diploma in Aquaculture
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
3 Distance education Bachelor’s Degree Courses
- B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education)
- B.Sc. (General)
- BA (General)
- BA (Honors)
- B.Sc. (Honors)
Note: B.Ed. is technically a Master’s level course. Bachelor’s Degree holders are eligible to pursue this course. Also check out – Science courses, Commerce courses and Arts courses.Share this awesome article!