Have you completed your Bachelor’s Degree program? Are you all set to pursue a good distance education course? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best distance education programs after graduation.
How’s this article of help to me, you may ask. Well, I’ve got something for everyone – engineers, commerce graduates, arts graduates, science graduates etc. Here, I’ve listed PG distance education programs meant for graduates hailing from various disciplines!
In India, the number of Colleges and Universities have increased drastically over the past 15 years. Due to this, the number of students enrolling for Bachelor’s Degree and other professional courses have increased exponentially.
Each year, hundreds of thousands of Graduates are produced by these Colleges and Universities. This has made the job market very saturated and competitive.
It is not uncommon to see Bachelor’s Degree holders remain unemployed after completing the course! It is also not uncommon to see them settling for low paying jobs, devoid of timely promotions and perks!
In these circumstances, a good PG course can work wonders for their career! But most Graduates wouldn’t want PG course to disturb their job!
This is when distance education programs come handy! They are quite flexible, when it comes to mode of learning and timing. Working professionals may pursue these programs without disturbing their work!
In short, they may carry on with their work and acquire advanced knowledge and skills at the same time. These skills, in turn, can help them get a better job or a promotion at work!
Let’s move to the meat of the matter now – distance education courses after graduation. First of all, let us check out the types of Degrees available. Here they are –
Types of Degrees & Eligibility
In India, PG distance education programs are available in the following formats (based on the Degree associated with the course) –
- PG Certificate programs
- PG Diploma/Advanced Diploma programs
- Master’s Degree programs
- Doctoral Degree programs
In order to pursue PG Certificate, PG Diploma & Master’s Degree programs, you must have completed a relevant Bachelor’s Degree course! In order to be considered eligible to pursue Doctoral Degree programs, you must have completed relevant Master’s Degree course!
Let us check out each course format and find out good courses. Here they are –
Best PG Distance Education courses in India
1 PG Certificate courses
- PG Certificate in Agriculture Policy
- PG Certificate in Adult Education
- PG Certificate in Information and Assistive Technology for the Instructors of Visually Impaired
- PG Certificate in Cyber Law
- PG Certificate in Patent Practice
- PG Certificate in Geoinformatics
2 PG Diploma courses
- PG Diploma in Plantation Management
- PG Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management
- PG Diploma in Higher Education Management
- PG Diploma in Adult Education
- PG Diploma in School Leadership and Management
- PG Diploma in Higher Education
- PG Diploma in Education Technology
- PG Diploma in Educational Management and Administration
- PG Diploma in Pre-Primary Education
- PG Diploma in Book Publishing
- PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights
- PG Diploma in Criminal Justice
- PG Diploma in Applied Statistics
- PG Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
- PG Diploma in Management
- PG Diploma in Finance
3 Master’s Degree courses
Bachelor’s Degree holders have access to the above mentioned PG courses through distance education. Applicants must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria associated with the desired course (which is Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline).