In this post, I’ve listed down some of the best polytechnic colleges in Ludhiana. 10th and 12th pass students from Punjab will benefit from this post. You may use it as reference material and find the best college with ease!
In this post, you will find the names of prominent institutes in Ludhiana. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find details about relevant courses, admission process and more.
Why secure admission into a polytechnic college, you may ask. Polytechnic colleges are known to offer job oriented Diploma programs. These courses are 3 years long (usually).
If you want to acquire skills in a relatively short span of time, you may pursue these diploma programs. After completing Diploma course, if you want to study further, you may use lateral entry and pursue relevant Bachelor’s Degree course (such as B.E. or B.Tech.).
10th and 12th pass students have access to different types of Diploma courses. They are –
- Diploma in Engineering courses
- Non-Technical Diploma courses
- Vocational training courses
Let us take a closer look at each type of course. Diploma in Engineering is a technical course. Diploma in Civil Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering etc are examples of it. The course is 3 years long.
Diploma in Office Automation, Diploma in Front Office Operations, Diploma in Management Skills – these are examples of non-technical courses. The duration could be anywhere between 2-3 years.
Skill Diploma courses, D.Voc. – these are examples of vocational training programs. D.Voc. course is 3 years long.
Courses offered by polytechnic colleges span trades such as –
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Computer Application and Business Management
- Commercial Practice
- Die and Tool Making
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics Production Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Applied Electronics
- Medical Electronics
- Computer Hardware Maintenance
- QS and CM
- Biomedical Engineering
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of polytechnic colleges in Ludhiana 2019
Here are some of the popular polytechnic colleges in Ludhiana, Punjab –
- Bhutta Polytechnic College, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Central Tool Room, Ludhiana, Punjab
- GHG College of Pharmacy, Ludhiana, Punjab
- GHG Khalsa College of Pharmacy, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Government Institute of Textile Chemistry and Knitting Technology, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Gulzar Group of Institutions, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Guru Arjan Dev Polytechnic, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Ludhiana Group of Colleges, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Ludhiana Polytechnic College, Ludhiana, Punjab
- R&D Centre for Bicycle and Sewing Machine, Ludhiana, Punjab
- SRS Government Polytechnic Colleges for Girls, Ludhiana, Punjab