In this post, I’ve listed down some of the best polytechnic colleges in Patiala, Punjab. 10th and 12th pass students from Punjab will benefit from this post. Government, aided and private – this list covers all types of institutes.
Before heading to the meat of the matter – list of polytechnic colleges in Patiala – let us check out the different types of polytechnic colleges. Based on the organization that owns the institute, polytechnic colleges in Patiala can be classified into three main types.
There are three main types of polytechnic colleges in Patiala. They are –
- Government Polytechnic Colleges
- Aided Polytechnic Colleges
- Private Polytechnic Colleges
Let us check out each type of college and find out more details about them –
Government Polytechnic colleges are very popular among students. The main reason responsible for this trend is – they charge very low tuition fees. These colleges are owned by the State Government of Punjab. DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) is responsible for the administration of these institutes.
Salary of teachers, infrastructure, other expenses – everything is managed by the Department of Technical Education that functions under the State Government. Since Government bears majority of the expense, these colleges can afford to charge very low fees.
Aided colleges are supported by the state Government. These colleges are not fully owned by the State Government though. They receive partial funding from the Government. Private colleges are managed by private charitable trusts, organizations and groups. They charge relatively higher fees.
Polytechnic Colleges are known to offer the following types of courses –
- Diploma in Engineering
- Non-Engineering Diploma courses
- ITI courses
- Other Vocational courses
As mentioned in the above list, Polytechnic Colleges offer Diploma in Engineering (3 years) and Non-Technical Diploma courses (2-3 years). Some polytechnics are also known to offer ITI courses and other forms of vocational training.
Diploma in Engineering programs are technical programs. Non-technical Diploma courses deal with topics such as soft-skills, office-skills and vocational training.
D.Voc. is a very popular vocational training program. The course duration is 3 years. Students who have passed 10th class are eligible to pursue D.Voc. course.
Basically, these colleges make students industry-ready. They offer training programs and courses that impart industry-specific skills.
10th pass students are eligible to pursue both engineering, non-technical diploma and vocational training programs. Candidates possessing higher qualifications (like 12th pass) are also eligible to pursue these programs.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
Best Polytechnic Colleges in Patiala 2019
- Adarsh Polytechnic College, Patiala
- Aryans College of Engineering, Patiala
- Bahra Polytechnic College, Patiala
- Bhai GG Polytechnic College, Patiala
- Dr IT College of Polytechnic, Patiala
- Government Polytechnic College for Girls, Patiala
- GV Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- JSS Polytechnic College, Patiala
- Nancy Polytechnic College, Patiala
- Patiala Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women, Patiala
- Patiala Polytechnic College, Patiala
- Punjab Polytechnic College, Patiala
- Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- Swami Vivekanand Polytechnic College, Patiala
- Thapar Polytechnic, Patiala
Let us check out the main courses offered by these Institutes. Please note that the list is not institute-wise. Also, the list of courses is not exhaustive. Only the popular academic programs have been mentioned below.
Courses offered by the above mentioned colleges span trades and disciplines such as –
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Computer Application and Business Management
- Commercial Practice
- Die and Tool Making
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics Production Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Applied Electronics
- Medical Electronics
- Computer Hardware Maintenance
- QS and CM
- Biomedical Engineering
In order to secure admission into the above mentioned colleges, one must take part in Punjab Polytechnic admission process. This admission process is carried out each year. Seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in the admission process.