In this post, I’ve listed down some of the best private polytechnic colleges in Tamil Nadu. Readers may use this information to choose the right college.
Polytechnic colleges are known to offer different types of Diploma programs. These institutes are also known to offer vocational training programs. For diploma jobs, please check – govt jobs after completing diploma.
Also check –
Courses after 12th science in Tamil Nadu
Courses after 12th arts in Tamil Nadu
Courses after 12th commerce in Tamil Nadu
Based on the course content, Diploma programs offered by these colleges can be classified into the following two types –
- Diploma in Engineering programs
- Non-Technical Diploma programs
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Diploma in Civil Engineering – these are examples of Diploma in Engineering programs. The course duration is 3 years. Students who have passed 10th standard are eligible to pursue these courses.
Diploma in Office Automation, Diploma in Office Management, Diploma in Business Skills – these are examples of Non-Technical courses. These programs focus on development of soft skills. The course duration could be anywhere between 2-3 years. Students who have passed 12th class are eligible to pursue this course.
As I mentioned before, polytechnic colleges are also known to offer vocational training programs. It could be D.Voc. course, Skill Diploma course or Certification course.
D.Voc. stands for Diploma of Vocation. The program is 3 years long. Students who have passed 10th class are eligible to pursue this course.
If you want to secure admission into a good polytechnic college, you must take part in polytechnic admission process. Do you know how many types of polytechnic colleges does exist in Tamil Nadu?
Polytechnic colleges can be classified into three main types –
- Government polytechnics
- Aided polytechnics
- Private polytechnics
Government polytechnics are managed and funded by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The DTE, which functions under the Education Department, handles administrative tasks belonging to these colleges.
Aided colleges are not entirely owned by the Government. Technically, they are private colleges. But they receive support from the Government. Private colleges are also known as autonomous institutes. They are managed and run by private charitable trusts and organizations.
In this post, we will deal with private polytechnic colleges only. Here’s the list –
List of private polytechnic colleges in Tamil Nadu
Here are some of the popular private polytechnic colleges in Tamil Nadu –
- Central Polytechnic College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Polytechnic College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Murugappa Polytechnic College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- PSG Polytechnic College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Sri RMV Polytechnic College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Nachimuthu Polytechnic College, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu
- Thiagarajar Polytechnic College, Salem, Tamil Nadu
- Seshasayee Institute of Technology, Tiruchy, Tamil Nadu
- VSVN Polytechnic College, Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu
- PACRR Polytechnic College, Rajapalayam, Tamil Nadu
- Sankar Polytechnic College, Sankarnagar, Tamil Nadu
- Periyar Centenary Polytechnic College, Vallam, Tamil Nadu
As I mentioned before, the polytechnic colleges mentioned above offer different types of courses. These courses span disciplines such as –
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Computer Application and Business Management
- Commercial Practice
- Die and Tool Making
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics Production Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Applied Electronics
- Medical Electronics
- Computer Hardware Maintenance
- QS and CM
- Biomedical Engineering