Diploma programs are known to be job oriented courses. After 10th, Indian students are eligible to pursue many Diploma courses. Diploma courses are of two types- Technical and Non Technical. In this article, I’ve listed well known technical diploma courses available in India!
Since there are many diploma programs available in India, 10th passed students tend to get confused. Most of them are concerned about the best diploma course, career prospects associated with them, future scope etc. Many of them just want a big list of such courses, so that they may select a suitable course from the list!
This article will clear all such doubts and questions, which students have. Not only student, parents may also go through this list, get necessary information, and pass it on to their children!
The two types of diploma courses available in India are-
- Technical course
- Non Technical course
10th passed students, who are interested in pursuing applied science subjects or technical subjects may pursue such programs. Usually, these courses are job oriented. Most of them are tailor made to train a student take on a role in a specific industry.
List of Technical Diploma courses
Some of the most well known technical diploma programs are related to engineering. These programs are called Diploma in Engineering. The course duration is 3 years (semester system). Each academic year is divided into two semesters. In total, there are 6 semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of 6 months. After completing the program, successful students will be awarded Diploma certificate.
After completing Diploma Engineering program, one may go for higher studies. One popular path is lateral entry. Using lateral entry, Diploma in Engineering holders may gain admission in 2nd year of relevant Bachelor’s Degree Engineering programs (B.E./B.Tech.).
Diploma in Engineering programs are offered by Government as well as Private institutes across India. Polytechnic institutes or technical institutes well known places where one may pursue such a program.
While taking admission in a polytechnic institute, make sure that it has been recognized by the State Board of Technical Education and the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
Let us take a look at some of the well known Diploma in Engineering programs available in India
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation and Control
- Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Technology
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Plastic Engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgy
- Diploma in Fire and Safety Technology
These are the well known Diploma Engineering programs available in India. The above mentioned programs are being offered by many polytechnic institutes across the length and breadth of India. 10th standard students are eligible to secure admission in such Diploma programs.
Other than the traditional Diploma in Engineering programs, there also exist many other technical and vocational diploma courses. Some of them are-
- Diploma in Architecture Assistant
- Diploma in Production and Manufacturing
- Diploma in Food Production and Technology
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Leather Technology
- Diploma in Rubber Technology
- Diploma in Computer Hardware and Network Engineering
- Diploma in Network Engineering
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation
10th pass or equivalent, with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Minimum marks criteria may vary from one institute to another.
Share this awesome article!