FYJC stands for the First Year Junior College. The concept of First Year Junior College means that the students will study the Class 11th standard in the government aided college. This way of education is still prevalent in Maharashtra where the students can get admission in the college after passing their respective board examination at Class 10. Studying in Class 11 and 12 in that particular college that offers FYJC is called junior college, while the subsequent under graduation and Post graduation course is known as Senior College.
About selection in FYJC 2020
After the declaration of SSC examination (Class 10th State board examination of Maharashtra) students start preparing for FYJC admission. The admission process is secured under the merit list. The admission process has been rendered online. With the introduction of the online admission, students can be assured the process have become much more accessible and student friendly. For qualifying for FYJC, students need to pass the SSC examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. The FYJC 2020 will see some changes regarding the selection and counseling.
The whole process has been transferred to the online method. The full admission in all the subjects available will be conducted via online mode. After getting the college seat via the merit list, students can notify the authority about the fact that they have got admission in their desired college with their chosen subject.
In this way, it will not create an unnecessary shortage of seats. It will also vacate the seats that are occupied by already selected students. These vacated seats will, in turn, help the students who are waiting for their names to be in the merit list. The bifocal course or the vocational course that is designated to both the science and commerce students will also have the process of online admission. Candidates who are looking to enroll themselves in the FYJC 2020 must log in to the portal of FYJC mumbai.11thadmission.net.
The online admission of the FYJC generally begins on the May of every year. That means the FYJC 2020 admission will start on May 2020. Earlier it used to be held a couple of weeks later. But now, it will be held a couple of weeks earlier.
The centralized process of admission to Class 11 FYJC was first started for the session 1996-97. It was first introduced in Pune City. For the recent session, the online process ensures that all around transparency will be there regarding the admission of the students in the desired streams and desired college. The “State Level Admission Monitoring Board” is successfully implementing this online method.
Before applying for your desired college online, the candidates must keep the following information in their minds:
- Students who have passed the SSC examination (Maharashtra State board examination) or any other recognized board are eligible to take up admission. The applicant must have English as one of the subjects given in the board examination. Students will be then eligible for admission in the FYJC. This is the primary and only eligibility criteria that will be followed while taking admission to the FYJC.
- The admission to FYJC will be solely on the merit score in 10th Board. The admission will not be by an interview or admission test.
- By the latest circular by the Maharashtra State Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board Pune, if the candidates have taken General Mathematics in the 10th Standard, then they will not be given admission to the bifocal subjects of the technical group. They will also be not allotted the subject of Mathematics regardless of what subject they choose.
- If the candidates want to take admission in the science stream of FYJC, then he or she has to score a minimum thirty five percent in the overall scorecard of 10th SSC or equivalent board examination.
- If the candidate belongs from the reserved category and wants to apply for the reserved quota seat, then he or she has to produce the appropriate certificate of caste that is issued by the competent authority. Recognized by Maharashtra Government. He or she also needs to produce the school leaving certificate where he or she had studied till Class 10. Failure to produce these documents would lead to the disqualification of admission in the reserved seats.
- Apart from the reserved category, if the student is applying for the specially-reserved categories, then they should produce the relevant documents or certificates. The categories that are acceptable are:
- Wards of Servicemen and ex-servicemen.
- Wards of the Central and State Government employees.
- Earthquake Affected victims.
- Candidates belonging from Projected Areas.
- Wards of Freedom Fighters.
Syllabus, Subjects, and Zones:
The FYJC is divided into four zones. That is four zones of the state of Maharashtra where FYJC is accepted are: Mumbai Region, Pune Region, Nasik Region and Nagpur Region. The streams that are taught in FYJC are:
- Science Stream.
- Humanities Stream.
- Commerce Stream.
- Bifocal or Diploma Stream (Vocational Courses.)
The only advantage of taking FYJC course is that the candidate is exposed to the highly standardized syllabus and the pattern in accordance to the modern requirement of skills in various sets of industries. Students will also get the chance to study in some of the best and reputed colleges of Maharashtra and have enough exposure to make them all rounder both intellectually and practically.
Cut Off Marks:
The marks in the merit list vary according to the percentage of the result scored by the students in the SSC or other equivalent board examination. To some extent, seats are reserved for the special reservation and the reserved caste candidates that vary from one college to another. In short, the first round of the merit list will publish the name of the student who has managed to gain the higher percentage than the other.
The fees of FYJC are in according to the management that runs that particular institution or college. For the Government aided colleges the fees structure by the Government resolution. The unaided or privately-run institutions can have different fees structure. If you have taken admission in the Information Technology course or Bifocal Course, then the fees will be charged in a separate structure.
You may also check – NTSE
Rules to follow while filling up the admission form:
- Buy data booklet from school/direction center.
- Read it precisely while filling the example form.3.
- Discover Login-ID and Password in the booklet.4.
- Visit your school to comprehend the affirmation procedure.5.
- Visit the division wise sites:
- Mumbai area: https://mumbai.11thadmission.net
- Pune district: https://pune.11thadmission.net
- Nagpur locale: https://nagpur.11thadmission.net
- Amravati locale: https://amravati.11thadmission.net
- Nashik area: https://nashik.11thadmission.net
- Aurangabad locale: https://aurangabad.11thadmission.net
- Sign in utilizing ‘Login-ID’ and ‘secret word’ given in the data booklet for the first login.
- Change the watchword and keep it in your brain for next Logins.
- Include security inquiries and keep replies in your mind.
- Remove print-from security question, answer and change the password.
- Take after the screen directions and continue with the online confirmation advance by step.
- After entering the examination situate number, the Maharashtra state SSC board students'(Appearing for March 2018 exam) individual data will be filled naturally in the relevant fields.
- Previously passed and other than Maharashtra State Board understudies should fill in themselves their individual information.
- All understudies from Std eleventh Centralize online affirmation zone of Maharashtra State Board, must get endorsed their confirmation frame section 1 from their individual school for the information, (for example, Applicant’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, rank category, constitutional or unique reservation, etc.) Understudies outside unify online confirmation territory of Maharashtra State Board also as other than Maharashtra State Board understudies must get affirmed their application frame at the guidance center.
- Directly after this endorsement, understudies are qualified to fill section 2 (i.e., school preferences).
- Tap on the CONFIRM catch and get your confirmation frame confirmed.
- Candidates with any complaint or redress in information ought to get the shape and documents approved from the school.
- Candidates guaranteeing any established and additionally extraordinary reservation including open category student ought to get the shape and records endorsed from the school.
- Subsequently, in the wake of finishing all the data to a limited extent 1, understudies should tap the affirm button.
- Get your affirmed shape endorsed from school essential or direction center.
- Remove print from the affirmed frame and protect it carefully.
- Without endorsement, the shape will be in “PENDING STATUS,” and these fragmented structures will not be considered at all for affirmation process; further, the understudies should take note of that even part-2 of the frame (school inclinations) won’t be accessible for pending status forms, students are encouraged to check “MY STATUS” subsequent to finishing the shape for approval.
- Section 2 of the frame will be accessible only in the wake of having APPROVED in MY STATUS.
- When section 2 is opened, SSC board understudies can see their best of five signs of SSC automatically, other than the customary understudies of SSC board, it is obligatory for all other students to fill their std.10th marks. Repeating students previously passed and other board understudies ought to fill their stamps and inspire endorsement to marks filled with school principals or guidance centers.
- In the wake of filling the imprints, select a stream and present your frame. At that point, the rundown of all colleges showing supported, unaided, medium astute schools, will be accessible. While giving preferences, applicant should painstakingly, think about his/her level of imprints, a years ago’s cut-off imprints of the school/school, supported/unaided, expenses, medium, accessible subjects, separate between school/school and your living arrangement and timings of school/school picked and accessible transport facilities. According to candidates decision, he/she should give MINIMUM ONE and MAXIMUM TEN inclinations and organize the chose school code inclinations to fill in the frame and get the print-out of section 1 and section 2.
- According to the timetable, the legitimacy list and the technique for the affirmation process will be proclaimed.
For taking admission in the FYJC colleges, you need to produce certain documents both at the time of online form fill up and the counseling session after merit list publication. The documents that you need to bring up are:
- The original mark sheet of the SSC examination or the equivalent board examination result of Class 10 like ICSE, CBSE, NIOS and other state board matriculation examination mark sheets.
- The original School Leaving Certificate issued by the respective school
- Caste Certificate. ( For reserved category candidates)
- Special Reservation certificate. (For the sportsman, ward off army men, members of the armed forces, government officials.)
Candidates who are applying via sports quota must produce some additional relevant documents. These certificates should be obtained by the candidates when they were studying in Class 8, 9 and 10.
- Authentication demonstrating that the understudy has anchored first or Second position at the District/State/National level.
- A certificate demonstrating that the understudy has won Medal at the zone level or the certificate showing that the understudy has taken an interest in the State/National level rivalries organized by the Indian School Games Association or Indian Games Authority.
- The certificate demonstrating that the understudy has won Medal at the State level or the understudy has participated in the State/National level rivalries composed by the Indian Olympic Association or Maharashtra Olympic Association
- Candidates to whom higher auxiliary school/junior school of the first inclination is allocated, he/she should confirm admission inside stipulated time according to the timetable in that higher secondary school/junior school with every single significant record in unique with photocopies on payment of full charges. Names of such understudies who are designated school of his/her first preference will be confined/obstructed for staying round/s.
- Applicants who are allotted higher free school/junior school other than first preference and are keen on taking confirmation by paying full expenses in the same can confirm admission in the concerned higher auxiliary school/junior school with all relevant documents in unique with photocopies on an installment of full charges. Names of such admitted students will be limited/hindered for staying round/s for the concerned stream.
- Please take note of that the applicant’s admission to the higher auxiliary school/junior college is liable to the check of all reports by the conceding expert of the higher optional school/junior school. Any record/assert observed to be not substantial at this stage will result in trying to claim ignorance of affirmation in that higher optional school/junior college.
- Upon anchoring confirmation in the allocated higher auxiliary school/Junior school on payment of full charges, the candidate will gather a framework produced ‘Affirmation Receipt’ from the respective higher optional school/Junior College inside stipulated time confine from the date of confirmation.
- Candidates outside the concerned region from CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE, IB, NIOS and other state Boards are required to get their unique School Leaving Certificate countersigned on overleaf by the Education officer of their particular area. The particular number of the concerned school ought to be said on the school leaving certificate.
- For candidates going from other than Maharashtra State SSC Board, an application for eligibility (accessible with individual higher optional school/junior school office) is required to be submitted alongside vital reports as depicted in the form.
- Candidates to whom higher optional school/junior school of the first inclination is allocated; he/she should affirm affirmation in the concerned school/school by paying full charges. The names of understudies who are assigned school of his/her first preference will be limited/obstructed for the following rounds.
- Candidates who are distributed to higher auxiliary school/junior school other than first preference and are keen on taking affirmation in the same can affirm confirmation in the concerned school/school by paying full charges, and these names of conceded understudies will be restricted/obstructed for the following rounds. On the off chance that the understudies don’t affirm their affirmation in this stipulated time, they will be qualified to change their school inclinations for the following rounds.
- Along these lines, there will be four legitimacy records with its confirmation timetable and after that the regular lectures of std.11 the will begin