Haryana Polytechnic 2020 examination is around the corner. Here, you will find everything you need to know about this entrance exam.The polytechnic courses are in huge demand and hence it can be said that if you want to opt for technical courses then you should definitely try to get admitted in any polytechnic institutes.
Everything you need to know about Haryana Polytechnic 2020 exam –
Nowadays, the increasing demand for polytechnic courses has led different states to organise polytechnic exams for allowing students to try their fortune in polytechnic. These exams can be called a direct ticket to an engineering aspirant. If you are facing problems when going for core engineering tests you can try for polytechnic entrance tests.
Are you a resident of Haryana? Then you must have heard of Haryana polytechnic exam. If not then you can get an opportunity to find out all the relevant details regarding this exam in a nutshell in this study.
What is Haryana Polytechnic exam all about?
The Haryana polytechnic is mainly organised by the Haryana State Technical Society. Candidates who want to apply for Haryana polytechnic can get admitted in different diploma courses like diploma in engineering, engineering diploma by Lateral Entry and diploma in pharmacy.
Haryana DET is conducted on a state level and on successful completion candidates can guarantee their seat in top institutes of polytechnic. Before choosing this exam for admission in polytechnic institutes you have to go through the applying methods, eligibility criteria, the pattern of papers and other crucial details.
Application procedures for Haryana Polytechnic 2020
The candidates who have an aspiration to build their career in engineering should not miss the chance of applying for the exam. It can be said that the event of application form issue dates is to be remembered as it is one of the first steps towards sitting for Haryana polytechnic exam. Suppose you are unable to get any idea regarding application forms then you can get the ideas in this section.
- The forms will be published on the website of Haryana State Polytechnic Society.
- The registration is the first step towards applying for the exam. Candidates can start registering form April’s 3rd week.
- The forms will not be available through offline mode.
- The end date of the form submission is to be checked and it is different for the diploma holders and for the diploma LE.
- The applicants are required to fill up the personal as well as educational details.
- Once to fill up all the relevant detail in your form you have to upload scanned signatures as well as photographs.
- Photographs that are uploaded by the candidates should maintain the format set by the authorities.
- It is advised that students will get only one chance for form fill up hence they need to fill it up very carefully.
- While completing the forms candidates are required to make choices regarding the center.
- The applicants need to print the application forms for future purposes.
How much is the application fee?
Applicants have to pay the fees after completing with forms fill ups. In case a candidate has filled up the forms and not submitted the fees it is more likely that his/her form will not be accepted. Have a look at the below mentioned fee structure for guidance.
- The total amount which is to be paid by the general categories has been specified as rupees 500.
- The application fee cannot be refunded.
- Candidates can give their fee via online mode. If the candidates opt for e-challan then Punjab national or Axis bank is only to be chosen.
- There are classifications of fees as per the categories. All the backward categories as well female students have to give rupees 200 as the application fee.
Are there any documents required for verification?
Yes, you have to verify certain documents for successfully completing the application process. Without document verification, you will not be able to submit your forms. So, candidates have to bring the given below documents at the time of form fill up.
- Fee receipt
- Marks sheet of class 10
- Hard copy of application forms
- Category certificate
- Password and the application form number
- Birth certificate
Haryana Polytechnic eligibility criteria
There are certain considerations specified by the conducting body for permitting students who deserve to gain a seat in the Haryana polytechnic institutes. The institute is known to conduct exam for admission in varied courses hence there are criteria set as per requirement of the courses. Candidates need to go through the eligibility criteria for their applied course prior to applying.
Let’s get into the details of the eligibility parameters that are created by the organising committee.
Diploma holders in Engineering:
- For those candidates who have applied for the diploma in engineering need to complete their 10th standard from a well known board.
- He/she should have physics, mathematics and chemistry as their subjects.
- The minimum marks that could entitle a candidate of their seta in the polytechnic courses of Haryana are 35% whereas if you belong to SC/ST category then you have to score at least 33% for qualifying.
Diploma in Pharmacy:
- In order to get selected for the diploma course in pharmacy, a candidate is required to pass 12th from a recognised board.
- The subjects which are required to apply for the pharmacy include biology, chemistry and physics.
- The minimum qualifying marks are the same as that of the diploma in engineering.
Diploma in engineering through LE:
- Candidates who intend to take admission in the diploma course through lateral entry should be a 10+2 passed out with PCM combination of subjects.
- In case a candidate has completed their 12th in a vocational medium then also the candidates are allowed to fill up the forms.
What is the pattern of exam?
The Haryana DET has formulated an exam pattern which is to be strictly followed. The aspirants need to take a look at the type of question, duration, marking criteria and similar things for successfully appearing in the exam. If you do not have question papers of the previous year then you can get an idea about the exam pattern. However, if you do not have previous year’s questions then you can go through the given points to get a clear understanding regarding the question patterns of Haryana polytechnic exam 2020.
- The examination is to be organised in computer based mode.
- Questions will be asked in English only.
- Similar to any other competitive exams Haryana polytechnic exam will also contain objective type questions.
- The total time provided to the students for completing the question paper is 100 minutes.
- The total number of questions which is to be attempted by the students is 100.
- For each of the correct answers the candidates will be awarded one mark.
- There will be no negative marking for choosing an incorrect option.
Ways of preparation
The applicants for Haryana polytechnic exam have to separate hard in order to get a seat in the top institutes of polytechnic. Are you nervous? Don’t be because your nervousness might deteriorate your marks. It often happens that students do not understand where and how to start with their preparation. If you are one of them who are unable to decide on how to cope up with huge syllabus before exam then just have a look at the below mentioned points:
- The first and foremost thing that a candidate can do is to prepare a time table. Time table can help them to divide their lessons or subjects as per priority.
- Time management is perhaps one of the prime factors that enable a candidate to succeed in an exam. You need to divide your time.
- It is recommended to go through the question patterns and get a sound knowledge of the type or number of questions. It will help in your preparation.
- Alongside preparing your lessons you should not compromise with your health.
- Sound sleep is quite crucial as it will give some relaxation to your mind.
Haryana Polytechnic 2020 Dates & Schedule
In the life of an examinee there are certain dates which seem to have so crucial because it can help them to appear for the exam without any problem. The institution will release dates on their website. Students are requested to check the dates from the website. In case they are unable to check the website they can need go through the given below events with their dates thoroughly.
The dates are different as per the courses so it is given in the form of two tables.
Diploma in technology and engineering schedule:
|Know the events||Dates|
|Form release||Week, 3, April|
|Fee to be submitted||Week, 3 April – week, 3 June|
|Last day of form submission||Week, 3, June|
|Confirmation of marks||Week, 1 May-Week, 3, June|
|Release of the merit list||Week, 4, June|
|Counselling||Week, 4, June|
Diploma engineering (LE) schedule:
|Exam||Week, 4, May|
|Form fill up||Week, 3, April|
|Fee submission||Week, 3April-Week, 2, May|
|Issue of admit cards||Week, 3, May|
|Counselling||May (last week)|
|Form submission(last day)||Week, 2, May|
Haryana Polytechnic Syllabus
Whenever we began to prepare for any entrance exam the first and foremost things which entrap our mind is the syllabus. Syllabus specifies the topics which a candidate has to cover for attempting the questions. The question that will be set by the Haryana polytechnic institute and it is totally based on the syllabus that a student has already covered in their 10+2 exams. So, it will be quite easier for the applicants to prepare for it.
This is because they have already had an idea about the various topics. The subjects that will be included in the exam are Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics, Physics, General Aptitude and English. Students have to prepare their PCM or PCB combination subjects as per the syllabus prescribed by the Haryana board of education.
If you have not read in a recognised board of Haryana then it will be difficult for you to get an idea regarding the syllabus. Nonetheless, one can take help from the university website for gaining adequate knowledge regarding each of the subjects and the topics that are to be covered.
You may also check – Delhi CET examination
Procedures of admission
The candidates who have successfully completed their exam have to proceed towards admission. After you get selected for the admission then you have to follow certain steps to ensure that you are able to grab the opportunity of getting admitted to any of the institute of Haryana polytechnic.
- It is requested to the qualified candidates to report to their respective colleges for confirming their seats.
- Report only after you have got confirmation of your seat.
- At the time of admission, it is mandatory to bring all the necessary documents in original.
- In case any of the candidates miss out the admission process then he or she will not be allowed admission in the polytechnic institutes.
Steps of Counselling
Haryana DET 2020 aspirants can go for counselling once they are able to crack the exam. The authorities are going to publish the merit list for the exam after the examination and only the candidates who have appeared in the merit list can sit for counselling. During the counselling process students are required to a pay a sum of rupees 500.
The aspirants can go through the given below steps for successfully completing the process of counselling.
- During counselling candidates need to fill up the choices of the colleges.
- The counselling process will be conducted on the basis of the seats that are available.
- After completion of the seat allotment process, candidates need to report to their respective colleges within the scheduled date and time.
- The candidates are required to bring some documents for verification. For document verification, candidates have to carry the below mentioned documents with them.
- Residence certificate
- Admit card of the exam
- Category certificate
- Marks sheet of 10+2
- Rank card
- High school certificates
- Character certificate
- The counselling will not proceed via offline mode rather candidates have to go for counselling on the website.
- Final seat allotment is mainly decided both on the basis of filled choice as well as on the merit list.
Haryana Polytechnic 2020 admit card
The candidates need to obtain their admit cards once they get confirmation about their applications. The admit cards will be issued on the website and students have to download it. You have to check the website or even go through the date of issue of admit cards for guidance in the previous section of this article. If your application form is not accepted by the institute then you will not get the downloading option for the admit cards. So, at first get conformation regarding the forms and then go for admit card download.
- The admit cards are verified whenever you visit your exam centre.
- You have to bring photograph and photo copies of the certificates with you at the time of exam.
- Once the admit cards are issued the institute will not entertain any changes in the exam centres.
- Until you get admitted to the institute of Haryana polytechnic you should keep your admit cards safe as it is the basic prerequisite for our admission.
- It is important to bring the relevant document at the time of examination for avoiding any inconsistencies.
Obtain your results
Well, this is the most awaited things that the candidates find after appearing for their examination. The results are announced on online mode and candidates have to go through the date section of this article for knowing about the result day. You might be wondering about the days to obtain the result but don’t get tensed because here you will get complete details regarding the result.
- The result is to be declared by May and it will be announced by the conducting body.
- The result will not be sent to the candidates through post rather they have to get it from the website.
- Those who have successfully appeared in the DET (lateral entry) will find their names in the merit list that will be published by the authorities.
- The final merit list will be completely based on the scores that a candidate has secured in their last qualifying exam.
- The organising body will not allow the candidate to re-check their answers. This is because only a single merit list will be published and no further changes will be made.
- A separate list will be prepared based on the marks that a candidate has obtained in their first year diploma courses.
Know some frequently asked questions:
Q1 ) Is e-challan from State banks allowed?
Ans. No, fee is to be paid only through e-challan of either Punjab national bank or axis bank.
Q2) I have appeared for my 10th board this year so, can I apply for the exam?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible to apply for Haryana polytechnic exam.
Q3) what are courses offered by Haryana polytechnic exam?
Ans. The courses that can be availed through this exam include diploma in pharmacy, engineering and diploma engineering through LE.
Q5) suppose I choose negative choice then will my marks be deducted?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking.
Hopefully, all the aspirants of Haryana polytechnic must have got enough information regarding the exam. However, in case any changes in the date of the scheduled event it is recommended to keep a track on the official website of Haryana polytechnic.Share this awesome article!