- Everything you need to know about Himachal Pradesh PAT 2020 examination
- Important Dates Of HP PAT 2020
- Eligibility Criteria Of HP PAT Entrance Exam
- Exam Pattern Of HP PAT 2020
- Application Process Of HP PAT 2020
- Syllabus Of HP PAT 2020
- Admit Card Of HP PAT 2020
- Result Of HP PAT 2020
- Cut Off Marks For HP PAT Counselling 2020
- HP PAT Counselling 2020
- Guidelines Of HP PAT Exam
- Preparation Tips For HP PAT
Everything you need to know about Himachal Pradesh PAT 2020 examination
The HP PAT 2020 or Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test is conducted every year by the HPTEB Dharmshala. The HP PAT is basically an entrance examination of state level. The official notification of this examination will hopefully be released by April 2020. With the help of this test, candidates can get an entry in the first year professional course in the field of Architecture, Engineering, Assistant Fashion and design courses in many private and government institutions. At present, there are a huge number of students who want to pursue their career in this professional field. In this article, we will tell you all the details of HP PAT 2020.
Important Dates Of HP PAT 2020
Those students who want to apply for the HP PAT entrance exam in the year 2020 need to submit their online application on the given date. It is requested to all the students to have a look at the schedule mentioned below to have a proper idea of all the important dates as well. Any candidate who submits the application after the passing of the last date will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Also check – IGNOU online admission process.
If you are looking for appearing in the HP PAT 2020 then here are some important dates relevant to the HP PAT. Take a look at them. The official dates and other related information are announced by the authority. If there is any change in the dates or if the candidates have any confusion then they can visit the official website of HP PAT.
- The application process will begin from April 2020
- The last date of downloading the challan form is till May 2020
- The last date for submitting the online application forms is May 2020
- The admit cards of HP PAT will available from May 2020
- The examination will be held from May 2020
- The answer key of HP PAT 2020 will release on May 2020
- The result of the examination is expected to release by June 2020
Eligibility Criteria Of HP PAT Entrance Exam
Before the students start to fill out the application form, it is important that they should go through eligibility criteria. The candidates should check if they meet the given criteria to sit for the HP PAT 2020. If the authority finds that any student is not eligible then their application will be rejected right away. So, it is really important that the students understand how essential it is to see if they are eligible to apply or not.
Here are some of the basic criteria that the candidate has to meet to sit in the HP PAT 2020.
- Residential Certificate: The candidate must belong to the Himachal Pradesh state. During the time of registration, the students will be asked to provide a domicile certificate.
- The candidates who are not residents of Himachal Pradesh but have studied till 12th in Himachal Pradesh are also eligible to apply
Qualification Criteria For HP PAT 2020
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass the 10th or equivalent exam from any recognized board/university.
- Minimum Marks: The minimum marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying exam should be at least 35%
- Subjects: The student should have Science, Maths, and English as a compulsory subject in his or her 10th class. The students who are appearing 10th are also eligible to sit in the examination. However, they have to provide their mark sheet for their admission.
Exam Pattern Of HP PAT 2020
It is very important that the candidate should know about the exam pattern HP PAT 2020. It will help them in preparing for the exam in a better way. So, here are few points that tell about the exam pattern of HP PAT. Through this, the aspirants will get to know about the total marks, duration of the exam, mode of exam and number of questions.
- Mode Of Examination: The mode of the examination is offline and will help in pen and paper mode.
- Total Number Of Questions: The total number of questions asked in the examination is 150. All the questions are multiple choice questions.
- Duration Of The Exam: The duration of the examination will strictly up to 3 hours. No extra time will be provided to the candidates.
- Marking: For every correct answer the candidates give, they will get 4 marks for each. However, 1 marks will be deducted if the candidates give wrong answers.
Here are the number of questions and sections of the examination –
|Section||No. of questions|
Application Process Of HP PAT 2020
First of all, the candidates are required to read the eligibility criteria before they start the application process. The application process will completely be online based. It will be completed in 2 stages. Stage I deals with the payment of application fee, whereas stage II will deal with the filling up of the online application form. The online application process, in brief, is as follows-
- At 1st step, the candidates need to register themselves in the website http://hptechboard.com. The candidates need to fill some details such as DOB, candidate’s name, Father & Mother’s name, Email ID, Phone No., Choose User ID & Password, answer the secret question etc. in order to register themselves. On submission, you will get Application No. & User ID on the screen & the same will also be sent through SMS & Email. All the candidates are advised to note down these details for future reference.
- The 2nd step is to fill up the application form. In this step, the candidates have to login by using their User ID & Password generated in registration step. Now, you are ready to fill out the application form by entering personal information, academic details etc.
- The 3rd step is to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature. Once you upload the images, you have to save the details and moved to the next step.
- The next step is to pay the application fee. The application fee is Rs. 650/-. And for reserved categories the application fee is Rs. 400/-. The application fee can be paid either by debit/credit card/net banking or Demand Draft or bank challan deposited at any branch of State Bank of Patiala. This is the final step of the application process. All the candidates must take the print out of the filled in application form for future reference.
Syllabus Of HP PAT 2020
There is certainly no doubt that HP PAT is one of the most popular and important exams that the students of Himachal Pradesh give. The main aim of the test is to make sure that the institutes select the best candidates who can make a proper career for themselves. So, for those who are interested in applying for the exam, it is important to be prepared. Knowing the syllabus will be a great help in that. The syllabus will tell the students a lot about the questions that will be asked in the HP PAT entrance exam. This will also help them in their preparation.
The syllabus of the examination will be prepared from the subjects like physics, chemistry, English, and Mathematics. The authorities of HP PAT will prepare the syllabus to form 10th class. The candidates from the NCERT books as all the questions will be based on the NCERT syllabus.
For English, the students have to prepare from the portions like
- Connectors Avoiding Repetition
- Defecting and Correcting Errors
- Dialogue Completion
- Present Perfect Tense
- Countable and Uncountable Nouns
- Avoiding Repetition
- Reported Speech
- Present Continuous Tense
- Present Perfect VS Simple Past
- Simple Past vs Past Perfect
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Active and Passive voice
- Modals-Expressing Attitude
- Fill in the blanks with suitable words
- Re-arranging jumble words or phrases
- Future time reference
- Reflection and Refraction
- Source Of Energy and Environment
- Human Eye
- The Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Acid Bases & Salts
- Metal and Nonmetal
- Carbon & Its Compounds
- Periodic Classification of Elements
- Structure of the Atom
- Chemical Reaction & Equations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Real Number
- Area related to Circles
- Surface Areas and Volumes
- Pair of Linear Equation in Two Variables
- Quadratic Equation
- Arithmetic Progression
Admit Card Of HP PAT 2020
The admit card of HP PA is expected to be released by the month of May 2020. This is because the authorities generally release the admit card before 2-3 weeks of the examination date. As soon as the admit card is out, the candidates can download it by visiting the official website. The candidates will be asked to give their application number in order to download their hall ticket. However, if there is any mistake or issue that is related to the admit card then the candidates should approach the exam authority immediately to get it corrected.
Result Of HP PAT 2020
The result of the HP PAT will be declared in online mode only. There is no offline way to access the result. In order to check the result, the candidates will be asked to enter the date of birth or the application number. The result of HP PAT is expected to be declared by the last week of May 2020.
The authority will also publish the answer key of the examination. HP PAT answer key will be released in the fourth week of May 2020. With the help of answer key, the candidates will be able to calculate their marks after knowing the total No. of answers correctly marked by them. You can also challenge the answer key if there is an issue with the answer key. If you find any complaint in the answer key then you can submit to the authority in written form along with the supporting documents.
Cut Off Marks For HP PAT Counselling 2020
The cut off marks are the lowest qualifying marks in any entrance or competitive examinations. The cut off marks for the general category is 90 and for those of the reserved category is 60 only. A separate merit list will be prepared for those candidates who have scored the cut off marks. Based on the merit list, the candidates will be called for counselling.
HP PAT Counselling 2020
The HP PAT counselling 2020 will be conducted through online mode from the first week of June. The counselling will be taken place in multiple rounds as it depends upon the availability of seats in the in the institution. The centralized offline counselling will be conducted if seats will remain vacant. The seats will be allotted as per the preference filled by the candidates. Candidates have to report the allotted polytechnic institution along with original documents for the admission. Candidates can download the allotment letter from the website to get admission in respective institution.
Candidates shall also need to copies of some document at the time of admission. They have to submit the documents like HP PAT 2020 Admit Card and Result, Date of Birth proof, Qualifying Exam Mark Sheet, HP State Bonafide/Domicile, Category Certificate, Character Certificate, Aadhar Card, Medical Fitness Certificate, Bank Account Number/IFSC Number
Guidelines Of HP PAT Exam
Candidates should abide by the following guidelines while appearing for HP PAT 2018:
- Candidates must reach the exam centers 30 minutes before the stipulated time
- The test will be held on the same day and same time slot as written on the admit card
- Candidates must carry they admit card along with an Id proof to the examination hall
- Candidates have to bring your own ballpoint pen, Board will not supply you any stationary
- Use of Calculator and electronic devices is prohibited
- Candidates will be allowed to open the seal of the paper 5 minutes before starting of the exam.
- Students have to write your particulars with black/blue ball point pen on both sides of the answer sheet.
- The test will be of 3 hours duration and will contain 4 sections Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English of class 10
- A signal will be given to the candidates when the exam will begin, when halftime will be over and when the exam will be just about to get over
- Check the test booklet thoroughly such as a number of pages it contains as indicated on the top of the answer sheet, Verify your serial number with the serial number on your answer sheet. In case of any variation contact your invigilator.
- Candidates have to sign your attendance sheet twice, first immediately when the exam will begin and secondly when candidates will hand over their answer sheet to the invigilator
Preparation Tips For HP PAT
Here are some tips for the candidates that are looking to sit in the HP PAT 2020. These tips will tell you about how to prepare for the HP PAT 2020 to score better.
- Get Familiar With The Syllabus
The first thing to do for the candidates before they start to prepare is to become familiar with all the subjects as much as they can. So, it is important to go through the syllabus very carefully and study the resources accordingly.
- Collect Study Resources
The next step that the candidates should take is to accumulate all the study resources they can. There are many HP PAT entrance books that are available online. Studying from the NCERT books is compulsory as the test will be based on NCERT syllabus
- Practice Perfectly
Perfect practice leads to a perfect result. The candidates just don’t need to waste their time on a single question. While practising set a time for each question and follow accordingly.
- Consistent In Revising
If the candidates revise the topics at a regular interval of time then this will ensure that the information will be retained during the time of the examination. Since the information is of very high volume, it is important to go through the main topics once or twice. Make your schedule of study in such a way that you get enough time to complete around three rounds of revision.
- Work On The Weak Areas
It is common for most of the candidates have this problem of focusing on the strong areas only. They don’t want to focus on their weak part or leave the tough and uninteresting question to practice later. This habit of the candidates has a great effect on the overall performance of the candidate on the examination. Just keep in mind that if you leave certain sections or topics then you will lose marks. After all, every mark counts for you to pass.
- Prepare Notes
Every candidate must keep this habit of preparing notes. This is because the notes help the students for specific topic quickly and work as a reference guide. When the preparation of the examination at its peak, the candidates will not get enough time to go through the whole topic. If you take notes then it will help in better and faster retention.
- Be Stress-Free
It is important that the candidates should be stress-free before the examination. If they are in any kind of tension or stress hen it will hamper the preparation. Due to this, the candidates will not be able to perform well in the examination. It is not that easy to crack any kind of competitive exams so if there is any kind of stress then it will bring a negative impact on the performance.
- Have Positive Attitude
The candidates should grow a positive attitude. Don’t think about failure. You should always think that you can crack these exams just like other students. So, it is important that you should need good preparation.
- Regular Mock Tests
It is suggested that the candidates should appear the mock test on a regular basis at least twice a week. This will help to analyse their mistakes and avoid repeating them anymore.Share this awesome article!