Table of Contents
- Everything you need to know about Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2020
- Important Dates Of Karnataka Polytechnic 2020
- Eligibility Criteria
- Other Requirements
- Seat Reservation Criteria
- How To Apply For Karnataka Polytechnic 2020?
- Exam Pattern
- Counselling Process Of Karnataka Polytechnic
- Selection Process And Seat Allotment
- Admit Card Of Karnataka Polytechnic
- Tips For Preparation of Karnataka Polytechnic
- Guidelines Of Karnataka Polytechnic Exam
Everything you need to know about Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2020
The Karnataka Polytechnic is organised every year by the Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka. The admission process is organised by the same every year. After qualifying the Karnataka Polytechnic the candidates can get admission in the first year of the Diploma program in different government polytechnic those are situated all over the state of Karnataka. The admission will be strictly based on candidate’s marks in 10th board class and merit decided by DTE.
The candidates who are interested and eligible and want to appear for the Karnataka Polytechnic 2020 must submit their application form as per scheduled date. Aspirants can check complete details about Karnataka Polytechnic 2020 from the below post. Also check – Engineering colleges in Karnataka.
Important Dates Of Karnataka Polytechnic 2020
Those students who want to apply for the Karnataka Polytechnic entrance exam in the year 2020 need to submit their online application on the given date. It is requested to all the students to have a look at the schedule mentioned below to have a proper idea of all the important dates as well. Any candidate who submits the application after the passing of the last date will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Also check – B.Ed. colleges in Karnataka. For jobs, please check – Diploma pass govt jobs in India.
If you are looking for appearing in the Karnataka Polytechnic 2020 then here are some important dates relevant to Karnataka Polytechnic 2020. Take a look at them. The official dates and other related information are announced by the authority. If there is any change in the dates or if the candidates have any confusion then they can visit the official website of DTE Karnataka. Also check – GP rating colleges.
There are many important events involved in Karnataka Polytechnic examination such as opening & closing dates for the application process, availability of admit card, examination date, declaration of result etc. Check the expected schedule for Karnataka Polytechnic below
- Application Form Release From The application forms of the Karnataka Polytechnic will be released from the month of April 2020
- Application Form last date: The submission of application forms of Karnataka will be closed till May 2020
- Merit list published on The publication of merit list will be on June 2020
- Counselling Begin From: The allotment of seats will be done in July 2020
Before the students start to fill out the application form, it is important that they should go through eligibility criteria. The candidates should check if they meet the given criteria to sit for the Karnataka Polytechnic 2020. If the authority finds that any student is not eligible then their application will be rejected right away. So, it is really important that the students understand how essential it is to see if they are eligible to apply or not.
The eligibility criteria specified by the Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka has been discussed below. Each student must check these criteria to make sure about the eligibility to apply for the examination. The eligibility criteria are
Nationality: The suitable and interested applicants must belong to Indian nationality or having a citizenship of India.
Minimum Marks: The applicants are needed to pass at least 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
Qualification: The Candidates must pass Karnataka SSLC or 10th standard/equivalent examination from a recognized board/Karnataka board.
Equivalent Exams: The appearing students in their 12th or any it’s equivalent examination they are further suitable for filling the Karnataka Polytechnic 2020 Application Form.
Interested candidates for the Engineering and Non-Engineering diploma programmes, you must all completed your five years of study in the state of Karnataka at least between 1st class and qualifying exam (study considered of 1st class for 1 year would be concerned as 1 schooling year). The candidates who are not studied with Karnataka board they need to show/submit their ‘Eligibility Certificate’ which is issued by the Secretary, BTE (Board of Technical Educations), Bangalore.
Seat Reservation Criteria
Below here we have mentioned some of the criteria regarding the reservation of seats
- For the supernumerary Quota, 5% of the seats will be reserved
- For the Kannada medium students, 5% seats will be reserved
- For the girls of Karnataka, the reservation is up to 30%
- For the rural students, the reservation is 25%
- The differently-abled students will get up to 3% of reservation
How To Apply For Karnataka Polytechnic 2020?
For all the students who want to apply for the Karnataka Polytechnic, it is important to register their names on the allocated date. The entire process is very simple. However, for those who want to have a detailed idea, we have the below-mentioned details for you.
The submission of application forms can be done from the official website link. It is very important for the candidate to read the instructions carefully before applying for the examination. Please note down Karnataka Polytechnic application form 2020 can only be submitted through online mode. Any other mode of application form will not be accepted except online mode.
The official authority of the Karnataka Polytechnic will be releasing all the information relevant to Karnataka Polytechnic before the application form. With the information provided by the authority, the candidates will get all the information that is needed for the registration and the process of form filling. Here is some information regarding the registration of the Karnataka Polytechnic
The application forms along with information brochure will be published on the official website of the university once the notification has been released. The applicants should read the information brochure in order to fill the application form. You need to fill the application forms as per the instructions are given in the brochure.
- You have to download the application form from the official website and enter the genuine details accordingly.
- The applicants need to pay the specified amount of application fee for successful completion of application process. The application fee to be paid is Rs. 100/-. And in case of SC/ST, the application fee is Rs. 50/-.
- The payment of application fee can be made in any branch of State Bank of Mysore to the A/C of The Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority Bangalore.
- Once you pay the application fee, you need to submit the filled in application form along with other required documents & counterfoil of challan personally to the nearest “Document Verification Cum Online Application Submission Centres/Options Entry Help Centres” on or before the last date.
- The applicants should also keep the print out of the completely filled application form for the rest of the stages of the admission process.
There is certainly no doubt that Karnataka Polytechnic is one of the most popular and important exams that the students of Karnataka give. The main aim of the test is to make sure that the institutes select the best candidates who can make a proper career for themselves. So, for those who are interested in applying for the exam, it is important to be prepared. Knowing the syllabus will be a great help in that. The syllabus will tell the students a lot about the questions that will be asked in the Karnataka Polytechnic entrance exam. This will also help them in their preparation.
The syllabus of the examination will be prepared from the subjects like physics, chemistry, English and Mathematics. The authorities of Karnataka will prepare the syllabus to form 10th class. The candidates from the NCERT books as all the questions will be based on the NCERT syllabus.
Counselling Process Of Karnataka Polytechnic
The counselling for Karnataka Polytechnic will conduct in the month of June/ July 2020 tentatively. The authority will publish the Karnataka DTE Polytechnic Counselling details 2020 on the official website. During the counselling, candidates have to fill their choices of colleges and streams. The candidates will be called as per their ranks for the document verification and seat allotment process. Only after the document verification, the seats will be allotted among the eligible candidates. So, it is important that the candidates have to bring the original certificates at the time of counselling.
Selection Process And Seat Allotment
The admissions through Karnataka DTE 2020 will be carried out strictly on merit basis. The eligible applicants will be selected based on the marks obtained in 10th standard or equivalent examination. The Directorate to Technical Education, Karnataka will prepare a separate merit list based on which 50% seats will be allotted to the applicants who have passed the secondary or equivalent examination. The rest 50% seats will be divided into different groups of society.
The allotment of seats will be done as mentioned below-
- The basic criteria for seat allocation are the marks obtained in secondary or equivalent examination by the applicants.
- The examination authority will prepare merit list as per the marks obtained by the applicants in the secondary or equivalent examination.
- The seat allocation will also depend on the number of seats available.
- The 50% seats out of 100% will be allocated to the applicants passed 10th standard or equivalent exam and the rest 50% will be reserved for the different group of society involved.
The applicants have to present the required documents during counselling for verification. The documents needed for verification are-
- Mark sheet/ Passing certificate of secondary or equivalent exam
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate (as applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- Photo identity proof
- Passport size photographs (4 to 5)
Admit Card Of Karnataka Polytechnic
- The admit card of Karnataka Polytechnic is expected to be released by the end of May. This is because the authorities generally release the admit card before 2-3 weeks of the examination date. As soon as the admit card is out, the candidates can download it by visiting the official website. The candidates will be asked to give their application number in order to download their hall ticket
- The candidates will get their Karnataka Polytechnic admit card through online. Once the admit is out, they can download it
- The admit card of Karnataka Polytechnic 2020 will be released in the third week of May 2020
- The admit card will have the photograph and signature of the candidate. It will also have all other details that are related to the examination
- If there is any discrepancy in the admit card of the candidate which is printed, then it is important that should contact the authority of the Karnataka Polytechnic as soon as possible
- The candidates are also required to bring an original photo Id proof on the date of the examination
- Candidate can get the download from the official website (http://dte.kar.nic.in/)of Karnataka Polytechnic
- Hall ticket/Admit Card is a mandatory document it has candidates name, Exam centre Name, roll-number of the candidate, birth of date etc
Tips For Preparation of Karnataka Polytechnic
Here are some tips for the candidates that are looking to sit in the Karnataka Polytechnic 2020. These tips will tell you about how to prepare for the Karnataka Polytechnic to score better.
Get Familiar With The Syllabus
The first thing to do for the candidates before they start to prepare is to become familiar with all the subjects as much as they can. So, it is important to go through the syllabus very carefully and study the resources accordingly.
Collect Study Resources
The next step that the candidates should take is to accumulate all the study resources they can. There are many Karnataka Polytechnic entrance books that are available online. Studying all the subjects from class 10 is compulsory as the exam will be based from class 10 syllabus.
Perfect practice leads to a perfect result. The candidates just don’t need to waste their time on a single question. While practising set a time for each question and follow accordingly.
Consistent In Revising
If the candidates revise the topics at a regular interval of time then this will ensure that the information will be retained during the time of the examination. Since the information is of very high volume, it is important to go through the main topics once or twice. Make your schedule of study in such a way that you get enough time to complete around three rounds of revision.
Work On The Weak Areas
It is common for most of the candidates have this problem of focusing on the strong areas only. They don’t want to focus on their weak part or leave the tough and uninteresting question to practice later. This habit of the candidates has a great effect on the overall performance of the candidate on the examination. Just keep in mind that if you leave certain sections or topics then you will lose marks. After all, every mark counts for you to pass.
Every candidate must keep this habit of preparing notes. This is because the notes help the students for specific topic quickly and work as a reference guide. When the preparation of the examination at its peak, the candidates will not get enough time to go through the whole topic. If you take notes then it will help in better and faster retention.
It is important that the candidates should be stress-free before the examination. If they are in any kind of tension or stress hen it will hamper the preparation. Due to this, the candidates will not be able to perform well in the examination. It is not that easy to crack any kind of competitive exams so if there is any kind of stress then it will bring a negative impact on the performance.
Have Positive Attitude
The candidates should grow a positive attitude. Don’t think about failure. You should always think that you can crack these exams just like other students. So, it is important that you should need good preparation.
Regular Mock Tests
It is suggested that the candidates should appear the mock test on a regular basis at least twice a week. This will help to analyse their mistakes and avoid repeating them anymore.
Guidelines Of Karnataka Polytechnic Exam
Candidates should abide by the following guidelines while appearing for Karnataka Polytechnic 2020:
- Candidates must reach the exam centres 30 minutes before the stipulated time
- The test will be held on the same day and same time slot as written on the admit card
- Candidates must carry they admit card along with an Id proof to the examination hall
- Candidates have to bring your own ballpoint pen, Board will not supply you any stationary
- Use of Calculator and electronic devices is prohibited
- Candidates will be allowed to open the seal of the paper 5 minutes before starting of the exam
- Students have to write your particulars with black/blue ball point pen on both sides of the answer sheet
- The test will be of 3 hours duration and will contain 4 sections Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English of class 10
- A signal will be given to the candidates when the exam will begin, when halftime will be over and when the exam will be just about to get over
- Check the test booklet thoroughly such as a number of pages it contains as indicated on the top of the answer sheet, Verify your serial number with the serial number on your answer sheet. In case of any variation contact your invigilator
- Candidates have to sign your attendance sheet twice, first immediately when the exam will begin and secondly when candidates will hand over their answer sheet to the invigilator