The application form of Kerala Polytechnic 2020 would be released in the official website third week of May onwards. This examination would be helpful under the Department of Technical Education of the Kerala State. The candidates interested in technical education would be eligible to appear for the examination provided they have the marks required for the same. It is one of the institutions organized by the Indian government. The students can appear for the examination after completing their class 10th and class 12th final examination. This examination is a gateway for the ones who are opting to pursue in various diploma courses such as engineering or technology, diploma in commercial practice or management. The admission would be given to various private and government colleges. For the necessary information pertaining to the examination, the student can check for the same in the official website.
After the completion of the examination, the admission would be provided by the council based on the merit list. It is a state level examination conducted by DTE, Kerala. Also check – Engineering & polytechnic colleges in Kerala.
Table of Contents
- How to apply for Kerala Polytechnic 2020 examination?
- What are the documents required along with the application form?
- Application fees for Kerala Polytechnic 2020
- Important dates relating to Kerala Polytechnic 2020
- Syllabus of Kerala Polytechnic 2020
- Eligibility criteria for Kerala Polytechnic 2020
- What are the reservation criteria?
- How would the candidates be selected in Kerala Polytechnic 2020?
- Will there be any counseling procedure?
- What are the necessary documents to be carried during counseling?
- How should the candidates prepare for the examination?
- Examination pattern
- How to get the admit card for the examination?
- Availability of answer key
- How a tie in ranking of the entrance examination is solved?
- How to get the rank for the entrance examination?
- How would be cut-off marks for the examination?
How to apply for Kerala Polytechnic 2020 examination?
Applying for Kerala Polytechnic 2020 exam in the online mode has made it convenient for the students to easily complete the procedure from the comfort of their home only. In addition to the online mode of filling the application form, the payment procedure can also be carried online for the ease of the students. The student only needs to be careful when filling in the details both for the application form and bank details. Steps for applying for the examination are as follows. Also check – Diploma pass government jobs in India.
1) The application form of the examination can be accessed through the official website of the examination board. A direct link would be provided that would take the applicants to the application form when available. Tentative dates for the application form would be mentioned in the website.
2) Separate application form would be required for candidates under the following category
- For students under NCC Quota.
- For students under sports quota.
- For Aided Programme in management seats.
- For government seats, government aided programs.
- For candidates with hearing disabilities.
3) The printout of the filled application should be attested both by the guardian and the candidates.
4) After the submission of the application, do not forget to take a print out of the same for future use.
5) At the time of admission at the Government/ Aided Polytechnic Colleges in Kerala, the candidate has to introduce the application form, the required document and submit the prescribed fees. They should also keep the receipt of the submitted fee carefully for any future use. In case of online submission of the exam fee, you should keep the online receipt.
6) In addition to the payment receipt, a registration number would be issued in the name of the applicant and a printed copy of the same would be given that should be preserved carefully. In case the candidate needs to make any changes in the application form, they have to get access of the form with the help of the registration number only.
However, as soon as the dates of application have been declared in the official website, students should make sure that the application for the same before the last date of application. After the successful filling up of the application form, aspirants would receive a confirmation email containing the student’s application number.
What are the documents required along with the application form?
Self-attested documents are required to be submitted along with the application form. The list of the documents is as follows:
- Income proof
- SSLC/THSLC or equivalent exam score card
- Medical fitness proof
- Valid domicile certificate
- Category certificate if any.
Application fees for Kerala Polytechnic 2020
The general category aspirants need to pay application fee of Rupees 100. For the SC/ST candidates, the application fee is Rupees 50 only. Candidates can pay the application fee to the polytechnic college where they are going to take the admission and submit the printout of the application form. They should maintain the same receipt for further use.
Important dates relating to Kerala Polytechnic 2020
- The online application would start from the third week of May.
- The closing of application would be around the first week of June 2020.
- Registration for the Polytechnic colleges also ends during early June.
- The ranks of the examination and trial allotment would be declared toward the end of the first week of June.
- The final list would be announced in the third week of June.
- Depending on the first allotment list, the last date for appearing for joining the college would be the last week of June 2020.
- Following this, the second allotment list would come out during early July and the last date of reporting according to the second list would be extended around the same time only.
- After this, the third allotment list would be declared around the second week of July depending on the availability of the seats in different departments.
- Similarly, the fourth allotment list would come out in the third week of July.
- The spot admission would take place in the last week July with the ending of the admission during July.
Syllabus of Kerala Polytechnic 2020
The syllabus of this Polytechnic examination would include the syllabus of higher secondary examination and equivalent. Moreover, the KEAM group would consist of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The subject wise detailed syllabus of the examination has been mentioned further.
- Rotational Motion
- Physics and Measurement
- Communication Systems
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism
- Laws of Motion
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- d- and f- Block Elements
- Co-ordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- The States of Matter
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- P-Block Elements
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Principles related to Practical Chemistry
- Differential Equations
- Sequences and Series
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
Eligibility criteria for Kerala Polytechnic 2020
It is mandatory for the aspirants to fulfill all mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for Kerala Polytechnic 2020 – examination. The list of the eligibility requirements have been mentioned in the following part of the article for the thorough analysis of the students.
- The aspirants should be a citizen of India.
- The candidates should be a permanent residence of Kerala, or the parents of the applicant should be a Government employee working under Kerala government.
- The aspirant should have qualified of Kerala board examination.
- They should also have qualified for THSLC or SSLC or any other similar examination under Kerala state with specialization in Science, English, Mathematics or any other course. Students with English and Mathematics would be allowed to apply for only two streams.
- For the CBSE and ICSE students, marks secured in Science would be used to calculate the obtained grade in case of Physics and chemistry.
- The board certificates need to be produced during the time of admission along with a copy of the same required to be submitted with the application. No other equivalent certificate would be encouraged during the admission.
- No more than two attempts would be considered eligible to appear for the examination.
What are the reservation criteria?
- A person with a disability will have 3% reservation in each of the departments.
- For the VHSE candidates, there would be 2% reservation.
- For THSLC holders, 10% seats would be filled.
- For the ITI or KGCE certificate holders, 5% of the seats would be reserved.
- For SC and ST, 8% and 2% reservation would be followed during admission.
How would the candidates be selected in Kerala Polytechnic 2020?
- After completion of online application procedure, the aspirants would be given a registration number.
- With the help of the registration number, the aspirants can log into the official website and check for the status of their respective application.
- The candidates have to exercise the options available for choosing the colleges along with the courses offered to them at the time of admission.
- After the completion of the examination, the rank list of the allotment would be updated on the official website of the examination council.
- Prior to the final allotment of the seats, a trial allotment of the same would be updated in the website.
- After aspirants get to check their successful allotment of the colleges, they should report of the college assigned along with original documents and photocopy of the application form.
- After the completion of the admission procedure, they can download the appointment letter from the official website.
Will there be any counseling procedure?
After the allotment list has been uploaded to the official website, counseling phases would take place and it can more than once phase depending on the availability of the seats.
- The admission procedure would be completed by the counseling process.
- After the aspirants apply through the online admission procedure, they have to appear for the counseling for the final confirmation of the seats.
- The final admission would be provided by the Kerala state Polytechnic institutions strictly on the basis of merit.
- The counseling would be carried out depending on the marks secured by the students in their 10th standard.
- The selection procedure would take place according to the districts.
What are the necessary documents to be carried during counseling?
- Passport Size Photographs
- Character certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Admit Card & results
- 10th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate if any
How should the candidates prepare for the examination?
One of the key tricks of success is to work hard and stay focused throughout the preparation of the examination. Planning also plays a pivotal role in achieving success and therefore, you have to manage your time well. It also includes investing equal attention to each of the subjects. You should be your motivation until you succeed. In addition to this, you also have to choose the appropriate study material available in the market. You can also access the same on the internet.
The more you practice, the more the chances of scoring high in the entrance examination. As you go through the model papers, you would get more used to with the pattern of the examination. Prepare notes and the shortcuts the problems should be at your fingertips. Following a timetable would help the student to cover all important topics for the examination. In addition, it is also necessary to maintain proper health and therefore, eat fresh and follow a maintained diet throughout the examination time.
After you complete one chapter, you should not miss out on revising the same. If you forget to brush up the chapter, you might lose touch with it by the time you end with the complete preparation. Stay updated and browse the information that is updated on the official website of the examination council.
- The Kerala Polytechnic 2020 examination includes two papers including Physics and Chemistry together along with Mathematics. Each of the papers will have 120 questions.
- Four marks would be awarded for each correct attempt. On the contrary, one mark would be deducted for each wrong attempt. For any attempted question, it would be counted as zero.
- The examination would be based on pen and paper, and the questions would include topics from class 11 and class 12.
How to get the admit card for the examination?
The admit card for the examination would be released during the first week of April. It would contain the information such as roll no, name, address including other details. It is mandatory for the students to bring the same to the examination hall without which they will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It should be kept properly until the completion of the examination.
Availability of answer key
The aspirants can reach the answer key through the online mode after it has been uploaded in the official website. The tentative date for the announcement of the answer key is around the second week of May 2020. It would only help the students to get a rough idea about their performance in the examination. From this, they would also be able to calculate the score and predict whether they would be eligible for the admission or not. Accordingly, the student can also prepare for counseling. They would also get the choice of selecting the colleges.
How a tie in ranking of the entrance examination is solved?
The candidate scoring a higher WGPA1 score has the probability of getting a top rank in the list. In case the tie remains after considering the scores, then students having higher marks in Average Grade Point in Mathematics would get the preference.
Under the Centralized Allotment Process of the examination, the procedure would take place through a single window system or SWS. It would help in allotment of the seats for the shortlisted candidates. According to this allotment procedure, each candidate would be given a maximum of 30 choices. For the final confirmation of the seats, the candidates need to pay the fees along with the submission of the certificates.
How to get the rank for the entrance examination?
- First, you will have to visit the website of Department of Technical Education.
- From the website, the candidate would get the link of Polytechnic rank.
- After you click on the link, you would be asked to enter the application number and date of birth same as that mentioned at the time of application. It would help to download the rank after you click on the ‘OK’ button.
- You can download the rank for further procedure of the admission.
- The rank would also be used during counseling and help in admission procedure further.
How would be cut-off marks for the examination?
Candidates scoring high marks would get direct admission to the Kerala Polytechnic colleges. Though different colleges have different cut off marks, it also varies according to the course and the category under which the students are applying. Also, the cut off marks would depend on the number of candidates appeared for the examination, the level of difficulty of the examination and the availability of the seats for any particular subject.
Therefore, start your preparation long before the scheduled date of the examination that would help to get time for the detailed study of each of the chapters.Share this awesome article!