Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) is an organizational body that provides technical diploma education in Maharashtra, India. Therefore, it grants affiliations and develops courses of different study programs related to the diploma, advanced diploma, and post diploma.
MSBTE exams are conducted twice in an academic year, namely, summer and winter sessions. These curriculums are provided by various institutes and colleges in the state which are affiliated to this board. Also check – IGNOU admission process.
Table of Contents
- Everything you need to know about MSBTE 2020 exam –
- MSBTE 2020 Admission
- Important dates
- MSBTE 2020 Application form
- Application fee
- MSBTE Eligibility criteria
- MSBTE Admit card
- Cut off Marks
- MSBTE 2020 Syllabus
- MSBTE 2020 Result
- Preparation tips
- Important instructions for applicants
- Useful strategies for applicants
Everything you need to know about MSBTE 2020 exam –
The Maharashtra State Board helps the candidates to secure admission to the different diploma courses in the 1st and 2nd year. Cracking this entrance exam, the candidates will be able to get into polytechnic institutions in the state. Every candidate is needed score desirable in the entrance exam.
MSBTE 2020 Admission
The colleges under MSBTE offer various courses and candidates can opt for any of the following courses provided by MSBTE:
- Diploma in Engineering: The students who are aspiring to study diploma courses in the various engineering courses needs to give entrance exam.
- Diploma in Pharmacy: This subject deals with the study of medicines. The state board is authorized to take the entrance exam for the students who dream to study about medicines.
- Diploma in Hotel Management: If you as a candidate aspiring to study about the hotel industry this is surely going to be the right pick for you.
The Diploma in Engineering is explained in details here. As mentioned, the exams are generally conducted twice a year; they are:
- Summer session is usually between the months of March and May.
- Winter session is between November and December.
A tentative schedule has been prepared so as to help students be prepared for the exam beforehand. Look below to find out.
|List of events||Tentative Dates|
|Start of application||May 2020 (last week)|
|End of application||June 2020 (3rd week)|
|The issue of hall tickets||July 2020 (1st week)|
|Exam dates||July 2020 (last week)|
|Results for the exam||August 2020 (2nd week)|
|Date of counseling||August 2020 (last week)|
MSBTE 2020 Application form
- Candidates are advised to visit the official website at first. It will be useful for every candidate to visit this website because it is the only authentic one.
- Go to MAH Polytechnic 2020 examination. You should always search the proper link minutely. Often wrong links take you to the wrong places and you may end up filling up the form for a completely different exam.
- You will be asked to fill in your details which consist of your name, email id and the subject you want to apply for. Fill in those details carefully. Once entered, this information cannot be changed by you. Even if the authority gives you a chance for correction, which is very rare, it might not be a very easy process to change the entries.
- You would need to upload a clean and tidy photograph of yourself. A scanned version of the signature should also be uploaded by you. The desired size will be given in the information brochure.
- You will have to pay an examination fee. This is the last stage of application. There are various ways by which you can pay the application fees. You can pay it by a bank challan or online banking via debit or credit card.
- After you have submitted the fees, you will be given an option to print the submitted application form. Click on it and your form will be downloaded. You should always preserve the confirmation page with you till you get the admit card for the examination you have opted for.
- An application fee of 400 INR is charged for general category candidates and 200 INR for the reserved (SC/ST/OBC) category candidates.
- PIO/OCI applicants are required to make the payment through any one of the online modes: debit card or credit card or net banking.
MSBTE Eligibility criteria
- Every aspiring candidate needs to be a citizen of India. This is primarily for eligibility for each candidate to have.
- As a candidate, you need to be at least 17 years of age to apply for the MSBTE Maharashtra Polytechnic 2109 exam.
- No upper age limit is however kept by the authority to give this exam.
- The applicant is expected to have completed their 10th standard from any of the government recognized board in India. The minimum marks which each candidate should score are 35% in total.
- The candidate should have studied the following subjects in class 10: Mathematics, General Science, and English, as his/her compulsory subjects. In case any of these subjects are absent in the curriculum the student will be considered eligible to appear for the examination.
- No special provision or advantages are granted to the reserved category students like SC/ST/OBDC.
MSBTE Admit card
- It is for the vital knowledge of the candidates that after the last date of applying for the examination, the admit cards will be available on the official website.
- You can go to the official website and click on the examination. Under this column, you will find a section called admit cards. You can download your admit card from there by entering your registration number.
- The admit card or hall ticket is to be downloaded within the due date for the examination. It consists of details such as candidate’s name, roll number, registration number, and date of examination, venue, timings and other mandatory information.
- You should never forget that it is vitally important to carry the hall ticket when you go to take the exam.
Cut off Marks
It is the minimum passing marks. A number of factors are responsible for this. Those factors are considered by the concerned authority and an overall pass mark is decided. The factors include:
- The total number of candidates appearing for the examination: The cut off largely depends upon the total number of candidates who have given the exam. If the total number of applicants is high the cutoff would most probably have an elevation. Higher cutoff will, therefore, restrict more students to actually pass the examination.
- The difficulty level of the exam: In no case, it may happen that the difficulty level of the question paper will remain the same year after year. When the difficulty level is high, the cut-off may have a depletion allowing more candidates to qualify. If it a short and lucid question paper, the cutoff may get much higher so as to restrict the overflow of students inside the qualifiers list.
- The number of vacancies: The cutoff marks also depend upon the total vacancy with respect to the total number of seats. If the vacancies are more, the cutoff percentage will be very less. In case of the opposite situation, the cutoff percentage may be very high to restrict more amounts of students to take admission into the colleges.
- There is another instance where the cut off depends upon the branch of study a candidate is opting for. If the branch has got many students opting for it, this may increase the cutoff.
This cut off marks is often very strictly maintained by the authority. This cut off marks is responsible to determine the total number of students who will be studying in a particular batch.
MSBTE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for the entrance exam will be as the standard of the 10th grade. As a candidate, you should thoroughly revise the syllabus of your 10th class. If you are aspiring to the pharmacy or the engineering streams you should always keep the focus on the science subjects. Subjects related to humanities should be put more stress by you if you are aspiring to opt for the hotel management course.
It will be better if you start revising everything while you have time in your hand. Never go for the short-cut while covering the whole syllabus. Remember not to leave anything which comes under the syllabus of the tenth standard.
MSBTE 2020 Result
The results of the said examination are done by the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education. The result is published on the web portal. It will take nearly a month after the commencement of the examination. The council will strictly follow the merit of each student while offering them the admission to the candidates in various institutions. After the perfect commencement of the examination, the result of the MSBTE entrance test will be published.
- After the results are declared, the counseling starts. It is usually in the last week of August. This is the main procedure by which a candidate can be given an admission to a particular institution.
- Generally, online counseling happens in the case of this examination. Every student who has secured the minimum cutoff is generally able to participate in the counseling process.
- The result is declared along with the respective ranks. And these ranks are determinants of the seat for the students in the college.
- The students are given a chance to choose a particular branch and college for themselves. However, the final right to appoint a student into a college lies in the hand of the authority.
There are a number of tips which all the candidates can follow to prepare for the said examination. These entrance exams are vital for each candidate’s future. This is the fact which each aspiring student needs to remember. They should also remember that a well-balanced study is a key to success.
- Since you have already been into school and have appeared for the school final exam (ICSE/CBSE/other state board exams for class 10), so it is expected that you are much acquainted with the syllabus and the curriculum. It is very important that you revise all of it once again. You should be aware of the subjects you need to stress upon in case you are weak in any.
- Every candidate should consider taking mock tests available online for a real-time experience of the actual test. This will ensure your preparation in the right path. The more you take the mock tests to yourself, the better it will be for you to cope up with your syllabus. You can also take coaching’s whenever you will need it. You should keep in mind that proper training always helps in case of better preparation.
- Do not procrastinate. If you had anything unfinished for your school board exam, then go through the same now. It might prove dangerous for your examination if you omit anything which is in your syllabus.
- Take a day off before the exam. Try to cover the syllabus completely and finish your preparation one day before the exam. You can relax for the day and go for your exam the next day with a fresh mind.
Important instructions for applicants
- If you want detailed information, then you should download the official notification from the MSBTE website.
- The list of institutes or colleges under MSBTE is also given in the website. You can get a view of that too.
- A fee of 3000 INR is to be submitted for seat confirmation by the candidates of general and OBC category. This fee is mandatory to be paid of ensuring the acceptance of your fee.
- The SC/ST candidates are charged only 1000 INR for the same. It is called the Seat Acceptance fee.
- The fee is to be paid at the Admission Reporting Centre and through online mode only. No offline payment is allowed in case of this procedure.
- In case the OBC candidate is not able to produce the non-creamy layer certificate, then he/she will be treated as general category candidates.
- Candidates who are applying as J&K migrants will receive an acknowledgment cum receipt of confirmation once the application is submitted.
- Applications have to be submitted within the due date, failing which your candidature will be canceled or considered void. You should always remember to pay this payment just on time to avoid any unfamiliar circumstances.
Useful strategies for applicants
There are a number of strategies you can take to keep yourself cool before giving the entrance test. There are a number of lifestyle changes which if you follow can help you get a better score in your entrance exam
You as a candidate should always try to weak up early in the morning. Consider this as the best reading time. This should be considered because it is scientifically proved that human beings tend to keep things in mind better if they study during the dawn.
You should consider having enough rest in a day. Proper rest helps you to focus better on the studies. You can have small breaks at regular intervals of studying. This might help your brain to hold all the facts that you need to keep in your memory.
Always remember to keep some time available for your hobbies. Avoid just studying the whole day. In case you find it stressful to keep on studying for a day, you should immediately take a break.
Always keep in mind your inner call. You should remember that you cannot succeed if the inner call from your soul is missing. If the stream you are opting for does not seem interesting to you, you should always consider quitting it. Otherwise, there is no point in giving an entrance exam half-heartedly because you may have more chance of failing it.
Keep your physique strong. Always consider this aspect because if your body does not stay fit while having a vast period of preparation, you are more likely to break down midway.
Having a balanced diet is also very important for you. Never take much of those junk foods or more spicy diet. Always remember that unhygienic food can cause various abnormalities in your body which can cause you to hamper your concentration over the studies.
Consider watching news, sports, and infotainment channels to acquire more knowledge in terms of the mentioned fields. If you have interest in any of these fields it would be better for you gather more and more knowledge.
- Is there any way I can fill up the application form in offline mode?
Ans. The application form for the entrance exam can only be filled up by the online mode only. You can go to the above-mentioned website and make your user profile there and follow the steps which are mentioned above to fill up the form.
- What is the syllabus for the entrance exam?
Ans. As the eligibility criteria desired for each applicant to appear for the entrance examination is to qualify the 10th standard, your syllabus will be the total syllabus which is covered in the class 10th exam.
- Do I need to take any kind of coaching to crack the entrance test?
Ans. This is an aspect which totally depends on you. If you think that you are weak in any of the subjects which come under your 10th standard syllabus, you should always opt to take proper coaching. It is vital for you to remember that you need to score well in the examination. This can help you meet the desired cutoff. If it remains high, you might not get an admission in any of the institutions.Share this awesome article!