Everything you need to know about Odisha DET Admission 2019
Odisha DET 2019: The Odisha DET 2019 is generally a state level admission procedure conducted by Directorate of Technical Education & Training, Odisha. The authority schedule this admission process every year in order to select the most deserving applicants for various courses provided by govt./private aided Polytechnic institutes/colleges across the state. Odisha DET 2019 can basically be said as the gateway to the Diploma programs such as Diploma Engineering (Lateral Entry), Diploma Engineering, Diploma in Film & TV courses, Non-Engineering Diploma programs. The application forms will be issued probably in the month of July 2019. The applicants waiting for the application forms can check out the details given below in this article.
Important Dates Related to Odisha DET 2019
Those students who want to apply for the Odisha DET in the year 2019 need to submit their online application on the given date. It is requested to all the students to have a look at the schedule mentioned below to have a proper idea of all the important dates as well. Any candidate who submits the application after the passing of the last date will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
If you are looking for appearing in the Odisha DET 2019 then here are some important dates relevant to the Odisha DET 2019. Take a look at them. The official dates and other related information are announced by the authority. If there is any change in the dates or if the candidates have any confusion then they can visit the official website of DET Odisha.
There are many important events involved in DET Odisha such as opening & closing dates for the application process, availability of admit card, examination date, declaration of result etc. Check the expected schedule for Odisha DET below.
The important dates have been listed below to help all the appearing applicants. These dates are based on the last year’s data as the official notification is yet to be issued.
- The application process of DET Odisha will commence from February 2019
- The due date of application procedure will be from April 2019
- The last date for submission of the application fee for DET Odisha is April 2019
- The publication of merit list of DET Odisha will be May 2019
- The counselling of Odisha DET will probably start from July 2019
Eligibility Criteria For Odisha DET
Before the students start to fill out the application form, it is important that they should go through eligibility criteria. The candidates should check if they meet the given criteria to apply for the Odisha DET. If the authority finds that any student is not eligible then their application will be rejected right away. So, it is really important that the students understand how essential it is to see if they are eligible to apply or not.
The eligibility criteria of Odisha DET specified by Directorate of Technical Education & Training has been discussed below. Each student must check these criteria to make sure about the eligibility to apply for the application. The eligibility criteria are –
Eligibility for 1st-semester Diploma in Engineering & Technology admission
- The minimum age to apply for Odisha DET 2019 should be 14 years as on the date of admission year except mining & drilling.
- The applicants must have passed 10th or 12th standard examination from a recognized Board & University of BSE, Odisha. The minimum score of the candidate should be 35% marks in Mathematics, Science & English and a minimum of 30% in the rest of the subjects.
Eligibility for 3rd semester (LE) Diploma in Engineering & Technology admission
- The applicants must have cleared higher secondary or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics from Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha.
- The applicants also have passed secondary exam scoring minimum 35% marks from BSE, Odisha.
- The applicants applying for Odisha DET 2019 must have attained the age of 14 years as on the year of admission.
- There will be no provision of upper age limitation.
Eligibility for Film & TV programs admissions
- The age of the applicants must be between 16 to 28 years as on the year of admission. However, there will be a relaxation of 3 years provided for the reserved categories.
- The applicants wish to get admission in Cinematography/Sound & TV engineering programs needs to pass the 12th standard exam in Science from State Board/ICSE/CBSE.
- The applicants must have passed qualifying examination scoring minimum 35% marks.
- To apply for Film & Video Editing, the applicants must have cleared the higher secondary exam in Science/Commerce/Arts from any Board scoring a minimum of 35% marks.
Eligibility for 1st-semester Diploma in Non-Engineering program admission
- Only those applicants can apply who have passed the higher secondary exam or equivalent scoring minimum 35% aggregate & 30% in each subject in any stream from Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha.
- For 1st year Diploma in Pharmacy, the applicants must have passed a higher secondary exam in PCM/PCB scoring a minimum 35% marks.
- The upper age limitation for HM & CT/MOM is 16 years, whereas for Beauty Culture the upper age limitation is 14 years.
- The education qualification for Beauty Culture course is same as for 1st-year-semester Engineering/Technology program.
Application Procedure Of Odisha DET
For all the students who want to apply for the Odisha DET, it is important to register their names on the allocated date. The entire process is very simple. However, for those who want to have a detailed idea, we have the below-mentioned details for you.
The submission of application forms can be done from the official website link. It is very important for the candidate to read the instructions carefully before applying for the examination. Please note down Odisha DET application form 2019 can only be submitted through online mode. Any other mode of application form will not be accepted except online mode.
The official authority of the Odisha DET will be releasing all the information relevant to Odisha DET before the application form. With the information provided by the authority, the candidates will get all the information that is needed for the registration and the process of form filling. Here is some information regarding the registration of the Odisha DET
- The interested applicants waiting for the release of the application forms will be able to obtain the application form from the official website starting from February 2019 till April 2019.
- All the applicants make sure that they apply on or before the closing date of application form.
- One of the important parts of the application process is to read the instruction published along with the application form.
- The application forms will only be available online on the official website. The application form will not be available in any other mode except online mode.
- Fill up the application form correctly with genuine details and submit it on or before the last date which will be probably in the month of April 2019.
- The application fee to be paid to apply for Odisha DET 2019 is Rs. 150/-. In case of reserved categories & female applicants, the application fee is Rs. 100.
- The application fee once paid will not be refunded in any circumstances as it is non-refundable. The application fee can be paid through both online via debit/credit card or net banking. It can also be paid offline via e-challan at any branch of Axis Bank mode.
Syllabus Of Odisha DET 2019
There is certainly no doubt that DET Odisha is one of the most popular and important opportunity that the students of Odisha wait for. The main aim of the DET Odisha is to make sure that the institutes select the best candidates who can make a proper career for themselves. So, for those who are interested in applying for the application, it is important to be prepared. Knowing the syllabus will be a great help in that. The syllabus will tell the students a lot about the questions that will be asked in the board exams. This will also help them in their preparation.
The syllabus of the examination will be prepared from the subjects like physics, chemistry, English and Mathematics. The authorities of DET Odisha will prepare the syllabus to form 10th class. The candidates from the NCERT books as all the questions will be based on the NCERT syllabus.
Result Of Odisha DET 2019
After the successful completion of document verification process, the conducting body will announce the DET Odisha 2019 result. Candidates can check their result or DET Odisha scorecard through online mode from the official website link. A separate merit list will also be prepared by the conducting board on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination. The deserving candidates will be shortlisted for counselling based on this merit list.
The counselling is the basic procedure to select the deserving applicants for admissions through Odisha DET 2019. The applicants will get the information regarding counselling of Odisha DET 2019 through local newspapers of the state. The eligible applicants will be shortlisted for counselling on the basis of their ranks scored in the merit list. Counselling is the process during which the document verification of the shortlisted applicants will also be carried out. Hence, the shortlisted applicants will have to present on the day of counselling along with their original documents for verification. The seat allotment will also be done during counselling.
FAQs About Odisha DET
- Who are eligible for admission?
Ans: DET-2014 rank holders are eligible for admission provided he/she satisfies other criteria as per the information brochure 2014 at page-8 clause 3-1.
- Who belongs to S Domicile?
Ans: The candidate should refer the information Brochure page-22 for clause 9.1
- My father is working in MCL, Burla for last ten years, but my father’s native place is in the state of Chhattisgarh. I have passed HSC from CBSE, Odisha and I am a Women candidate. Can I claim reservation for women?
Ans: The candidates will be treated as S-domicile by producing HSC certificate from BSE, Orissa or the Employer’s Certificate from MCL Authorities, and will be treated under general category & can avail women category seats.
- I am an outside state candidate; can I take admission in engineering?
Ans: Yes, you can take admission in Engineering having valid DET rank satisfying other criteria as per the information brochure 2014 at page-8 of clause 3-1-A, Only in pvt.Engineering Schools and Polytechnics.
- I am an outside state candidate; can I take admission in a Lateral entry? Ans: Yes in private
Polytechnics only, but after the merit list of state, category candidates are exhausted?
- I have not received my final HSC result. Am I eligible for Certificate Verification?
Ans: No, a candidate who has passed HSC before the day of Certificate verification is only eligible and they have to produce proof of passing the qualifying examination.
- I have wrongly filled L category in the application form, actually, I belong to Orissa state category, what will be my position?
Ans: You will be considered for admission under the Z category.
About Caste Certificates
- If a candidate has not received his Caste Certificate. Is he eligible under Caste Category?
- In application, my Caste category is wrongly printed. Can I correct it as the time of Verification of Caste?
Ans: No, the correction cannot be made under any circumstances. However, you can correct your caste/gender/ name during the DET-2014 examination by intimating the same to the invigilator and filling the appropriate form.
- Actually, I have to produce Caste Certificate issued by Tahsildar. But I am having a certificate issued by village Panchayat. What I have to do?
Ans: Only the certificate issued by the Tahsildar will be entertained.
If the candidate wants to get selected in the admission process then they have to prepare well in the board examination. Here we have mentioned some of the preparation tips that will help the candidate to score good marks.
Here are some tips for the candidates that are looking to sit in the Odisha DET 2019. These tips will tell you about how to prepare for the exams and get chance in Odisha DET
Get Familiar With The Syllabus
The first thing to do for the candidates before they start to prepare is to become familiar with all the subjects as much as they can. So, it is important to go through the syllabus very carefully and study the resources accordingly.
Collect Study Resources
The next step that the candidates should take is to accumulate all the study resources they can. There are many TS Polycet entrance books that are available online. Studying all the subjects from class 10 is compulsory as the exam will be based from class 10 syllabus.
Perfect practice leads to a perfect result. The candidates just don’t need to waste their time on a single question. While practising set a time for each question and follow accordingly.
Consistent In Revising
If the candidates revise the topics at a regular interval of time then this will ensure that the information will be retained during the time of the examination. Since the information is of very high volume, it is important to go through the main topics once or twice. Make your schedule of study in such a way that you get enough time to complete around three rounds of revision.
Work On The Weak Areas
It is common for most of the candidates have this problem of focusing on the strong areas only. They don’t want to focus on their weak part or leave the tough and uninteresting question to practice later. This habit of the candidates has a great effect on the overall performance of the candidate on the examination. Just keep in mind that if you leave certain sections or topics then you will lose marks. After all, every mark counts for you to pass.
Every candidate must keep this habit of preparing notes. This is because the notes help the students for specific topic quickly and work as a reference guide. When the preparation of the examination at its peak, the candidates will not get enough time to go through the whole topic. If you take notes then it will help in better and faster retention.
It is important that the candidates should be stress-free before the examination. If they are in any kind of tension or stress hen it will hamper the preparation. Due to this, the candidates will not be able to perform well in the examination. It is not that easy to crack any kind of competitive exams so if there is any kind of stress then it will bring a negative impact on the performance.
Have Positive Attitude
The candidates should grow a positive attitude. Don’t think about failure. You should always think that you can crack these exams just like other students. So, it is important that you should need good preparation.
Regular Mock Tests
It is suggested that the candidates should appear the mock test on a regular basis at least twice a week. This will help to analyse their mistakes and avoid repeating them anymore.Share this awesome article!