TSRJC CET or Telangana State Residential Junior College Common Entrance Test is starting from 2020, but the details of the examinations have also already been released. The Junior college has planned to conduct entrance examination for the admission of 1st-year candidates or 11th class students. The interested candidates who are appearing for 10th class in March 2020 can check for the eligibility criteria and start filling the online application form before the last date of submission of the application. It is further known that the Telangana educational institutions society would conduct the examination on behalf of the state government. It would be conducted in various examination centers.
TSRJC CET 2020 Eligibility criteria:
- The interested candidates should be resident of this country and must have studied in Telangana.
- A minimum GPA of 6 needs to be secured by the OC candidates. For the BC, Sc, ST and candidates from minority classes should acquire a GPA of 5 in S.S.C or other qualifying examination. For other candidates, they have to secure GPA of 4.
- Candidates applying for the entrance examination should have cracked SSC in the first attempt as of March or April 2020. Therefore, candidates who have passed in previous years should not apply for the examination.
- Other than this, the candidates should have passed any intermediate form from any college or under any recognized board.
- The age limit for the candidates is a minimum of 15 years.
- The candidates also need to satisfy the local status for appearing in the entrance examination.
TSRJC CET Examination pattern and subjects
It would be a two and half hours examination for 150 marks where 50 would be allotted to each of the subjects. The candidates would be provided with OMR sheets, and they have to mark the correct answers in the sheets. To go through model question papers, candidates can visit the official page of the examination authority to get a detailed idea about the pattern of examination. The entrance exam papers would be based on class 10th standard, and General English would also be included among the subjects.
There would be five groups for the examination, and they are listed as follows. The total marks for each of the examination are 150, and the duration of each of these groups would be two and a half hours.
- The first would be the BPC group that would contain subjects such as English, Bio. Science, Physical Science.
- The second group would be CEC/MEC including English, Mathematics, and Social Studies.
- The third group would be named MPC including English, Mathematics, and Physical Science.
- In the fourth group, it is known as C.G.D.T that includes English, Bioscience, and Physical Science.
- The fifth group E.E.T includes subjects such as English, Mathematics, and Physical Science.
- Under mathematics, Polynomial, Real Number, Statistics, Arithmetic Progression would be included.
- For Physical science, Chemical Reactions, Atomic Numbers, Heat and kinetics, Base and Salts, Atomic Mass, Acids and Base and Structure of Atom.
- Under social studies, Ideas of Development, Indian Culture, Climate of India, Heritage of India, Per Capita Income, Employment and Unemployment
- Nutrition, Circulatory system, Transportation, Reproduction System, Respiratory System, Neurons and Control System topics need to be covered under biological science group.
- For the English language, Tenses, Reading Comprehension, Grammar and Vocabulary, Letter writing, Sentence Correction and Direct and Indirect Speech need to be covered.
Each of the students has to go through each of the subjects and their respective topics in details such that they do not miss out any of them. It would increase their probability of cracking the entrance examination. Knowing about the topics in details would help to score more in the examination. Moreover, the marks division have been structured in such a way that students have to qualify each of the sections separately and therefore, going through all these topics are important. However, the candidate needs to score well to get a good rank in the entrance examination.
TSRJC CET 2020: Important Dates
- The notification for the entrance examination would be issued from the third week of March 2020.
- The payment of the same would be initiated from the fourth week of March.
- The last date for the payment of the application would be around April.
- Towards the start of May, candidates can start downloading admit card of the entrance exam.
- The examination would help in the second week of May.
- After the examination, the results would be around the fourth week of May 2020.
- Following this, the answer key would be announced during the third week of May 2020.
However, in regard to the announcement of the important dates pertaining to this examination, the time period allotted for the correction of the online application would be declared spoon in the official website of the college council. You may also check – NTSE exam.
The selection of the qualifying candidate would be based on their merit in the common entrance examination. In addition to this, reservation, special category and area would also be considered for the admission of any candidate. For MEC and CEC group, candidates would be selected on the basis of combined rank. The candidate opting for MEC but not selected for the same would be considered for CEC and vice versa. Other than this, the selection of the candidates would be considered according to the rule of reservation, merit in the examination, reservation under special category and it would also be based on the number of vacancies available for the particular subject.
Certain other criterion on which the selection would be based is as follows:
- For the PHC category, the seats would be allotted based on the merit of the candidates and the minimum disability for the same is 40%.
- The sports category would also be considered where the candidates would be allotted according to their merit.
- Another CAP or Children of Armed Personnel category is also considered for the admission of the candidates. The parent of the interested aspirant should be an ex-serviceman or currently working in the defense department. The NCC aspirants would not be included in the CAP category.
For the candidates who would secure the same marks in the entrance examination, the following rules would be followed in the merit list.
- The aspirants securing higher marks in Mathematics in MPC, Social studies for MEC or CEC and Biological Science for BPC would be considered.
- In case the tie of the marks still remains among the candidates, candidates securing higher grades in Mathematics for MEC/CEC, Physical Science for MPC and for BPC would be taken into consideration.
- Apart from all these, in case the tie between the marks still exists, then it would be decided on the basis of advanced age, and female candidates would be given more preference in case of a tie between male and female candidates.
Admission procedure for entrance examination
- The admission procedure would be conducted via counseling. The shortlisted candidates would be given hall tickets which would be made available on the official website. Also, the counseling procedure would depend on the availability of the seats.
- For any incorrect information given in the application form, the candidates would be responsible for the same.
- In case any of the information furnished in the application form is found to be incorrect, then the convener can cancel the candidature of any point of the stage.
Features of the TSR Junior College
The main aim of the state government is to offer high-quality education to the candidates who are not able to study in the private institutions. The colleges would be providing EAMCET coaching and guidance for competitive examinations as well. Other features of the Junior college have been enlisted in the following part of the article.
- One of the significant features of this college is that individual attention is given to each student for their betterment. It is also done such that the low achievers can cope up with the rest of the students I the group. This would in return help to boost the confidence of the students and help them to approach in a bright future.
- Residential mode is offered to most of the TSR junior colleges and it makes it convenient for the students irrespective of where they come from.
- The latest techniques of education system help in boosting the student and one such is Loco Parent system. It allots one loco parent for a particular group of 15 to 20 students. This also helps the students to get all problems solved quickly. In addition to this, it also helps to students to expect friendly approach of the teachers and enables them to freely discuss their problems with the teachers.
- Apart from the class work, long term coaching is also provided to the students such that it becomes easier for them to prepare for exams like EAMCET or CACPT.
- A proper routine is followed for the students to give them a healthy lifestyle and therefore, they start the day by exercising and then the classes start from 8.00 am and the academic activities lasts for 10.00 pm. When the students are following such strict daily routine, it is important to incorporate relaxation activities in between the study hours.
- However, other than academics, importance is given to games and sports and other curricular activities for the better development of the students.
How to apply for the admission?
- The candidates need to visit the official website of TSJRC CET and go to the recruitment option in the website.
- Then they need to download the notification that would help them to know about the details of the examination.
- After filling the correct details of the application form, the candidates have to submit the form and retain hard copy of the same for future use. They should apply for the entrance examination within 9th of April which is the last date of online application.
In addition to the above-mentioned information, the candidates will have to provide correct DOB, contact details, qualification details including other personal details. Also, the students have to upload scanned photograph and signature. Just after clicking on the submit button, the application form would be directed to the fee-paying page of the application form. When filling for the online application form, the students should have the following documents ready.
- SSC Memo of Marks for the proof of the marks secured by the candidate.
- Original Nativity in case of Private Candidate.
- Income Certificate to ensure that the student is eligible for the benefits provided by the college.
- Caste Certificate.
- Aadhar Card for the proper identification of the aspirant.
- Bonafide Certificates for Orphans Death Certificate.
- Xerox Passport size photos that would act as proof.
- Physical Fitness Certificate Xerox copies
- Original TC from the previous institution.
- In case of students of BC Residential Schools/ Borders of BC Welfare Hostels, evidence of their study in the BC Residential Schools/ stay in the BC hostel need to be produced at the time of admission.
List of the colleges under the entrance examination
- TSR Junior College, Sarvail in the Nalgonda District for the boys.
- TSR Junior College, Hasanparthy, Warangal District Minority Junior Colleges for the girls who have applied for BPC, MPC, and CEC group.
- For the boys, TSR Junior College, LB Nagar, Nagole, Hyderabad and TSR Junior College Nagaram, Nizamabad District is also suitable.
- General Junior English Medium Colleges for the candidates who have applied for MPC, BPC and MEC Groups.
However, long-term Intensive coaching would be provided for EAMCET in all the above-mentioned colleges. So, the TSR Junior Colleges are fully set in the residential form, and ‘Gurukul’ pattern is followed. This would help to cater to the needs of the interested and talented students in the +2 level. The aim purpose of this system is to provide quality education that would be suited to the present scenario by creating quality educational atmosphere for the betterment of the students. In addition to this, free boarding and hostel amenities would be provided to the candidates with the aid provided by the Government of Telangana. You may also check – JNVST exam.
Fee payable for admission
Once the candidates meet the criteria mention for the entrance examination, they can apply for the examination, and they have to pay a fee of Rs.150 either through online mode or with the help of credit cards and only after the payment, the complete submission of the online application would be ensured.
In regard to this, good infrastructure facilities includes well set up laboratories, reading room, play grounds with facility for physical education students. Apart from free boarding and lodging, free education is also offered to the selected aspirants. It is also mentioned that for the talented and the low achievers, special care would be taken so that the low achievers can come at an equal level with the rest of the students. Loco parent system has been introduced in this college to take care of the students who would be staying in the hostel rooms.
Both examination fee and special fee would be collected as has been prescribed in the regulations of the examination board. A caution deposit of Rs.25 per year would be collected from the students at the time of admission. It also includes maintenance charges of Rs.1000 that would be collected from the students at the time of admission once during the 1st year and then for the second year. You may also check – KVPY exam.
Q1 How many TSR colleges are present in total?
There are 15 college for boys, 20 college allotted for girls. In addition to this, some colleges are also allotted for the minority that would be updated soon in the official website.
Q2 Will the answer keys help in estimating the final result?
Yes, the answer key would help the candidates to estimate the final result and based on the same they can start to prepare for the further admission procedure.
Q3 How to check the TSRJC CET 2020 result?
For getting the results, the candidates have to visit the official page of the entrance examination. After that, they have to click on the result link that would forward them to the hall ticket page. By entering the correct hall ticket number, the rank card would appear on the screen. Further, the students can download the same for future use.
Q4 How would be counseling procedure take place?
The first counseling schedule for the selection of the candidates would start around May and once the seats start are filled depending on the availability the second phase of the counseling would start. In case there is availability of seats even after completion of the phase 1 and phase 2 of counseling, then further phases of counseling would be gradually declared in the official website. Therefore, it is advisable for any information pertaining to examination the students should keep an eye on the official website.
Q5 What is the avail number of seats for each course?
For MPC 90 seats are available, for BIPC 60 seats are available, under MEC 30 seats are available.Share this awesome article!