In this article, we will have an in-depth analysis of Electrician trade offered by ITIs. It is a job oriented vocational trade. This article covers topics such as trade details, duration, syllabus, admission process and career prospects.
|Name of the Trade:||Electrician|
|Course Duration:||2 years|
|Eligibility Criteria:||10th passed|
|Type of Course:||ITI Vocational Training|
ITIs (Industrial Training Institutes) in India are offering some of the best vocational courses out there. Electrician trade/course is one such job oriented vocational course.
You may also check –
It is a 2 years long course. 10th passed students (with Science subject) are eligible to pursue this course. At the end of training, successful candidates are awarded Vocational Training certificates.
ITI Electrician Course: An Introduction
As the name suggests, ITI Electrician trade focuses on various aspects of electricity such as – wiring (residential, commercial and industrial), home appliances, electrical machines, lighting, electrical installations etc.
The main aim of this trade is to provide vocational training to candidates and turn them into qualified electricians! The course thus aims at developing a skilled work-force of qualified electricians in India.
Electrician trade trains students in areas such as –
- Wiring (residential, commercial and industrial)
- Lighting installation (residential, commercial and outdoors)
- Power generation, distribution and transmission systems
- Capacitors and electrical circuits
- Working, servicing and repair of electrical appliances (motors, fans, pumps, home appliances, AC, fridge etc)
- AC/DC systems
Let us check out the basic course details now –
ITI Electrician Course details
Type of course
It is a Vocational Training Certificate course.
10th pass (under 10+2 system of schooling) is the minimum qualification required to pursue this course.
Electrician Institutes and admission process
Many private and government operated ITIs across India are offering electrician trade. Most of them rely on merit based admission process. Some ITIs are also know to rely on direct admission process.
The syllabus can roughly be divided into two parts –
- Trade theory
- Trade practical
Important trade theory subjects –
- Safety and First Aid
- Trade tools
- Fundamentals of electricity
- Solders, flux, soldering techniques and resistors
- Conductors, wires, cables and voltage grades
- Ohm’s law
- Kirchhoff’s law
- Electrical accessories
- Chemical effects of electrical current
- Batteries and cells
- Sawing and Drilling
- Domestic electrical appliances
- DC Machines and Motors
- Electric Wiring
- Wiring systems
- AC Current
- Measuring electricity (units and instruments)
- Light and lighting techniques
- Digital Electronics
Important trade practical subjects –
- Elementary first aid and artificial respiration
- Trade tools demonstration
- Practice using tools like cutters, pliers and conductors
- Practice in soldering
- Identification of wires
- Practice on using standard wire gauge
- Verification of Ohm’s law
- Verification of Kirchhoff’s law
- Installing and overhauling common electrical accessories
- Fixing switches, boards etc
- Assembly of dry cell
- Care and maintenance of batteries
- Charging of lead acid cell
- Fitting trade
- Drilling trade
- Demonstration on CRO
- Identification of different types of capacitors
- Practice of assembling and dismantling a DC machine
- Practice in capping and casing
- Practice on installation of earthing system
- Practice on installation and maintenance of alternators
- Practice on installation of lighting system
- Practice on winding of transformers
- Testing, running and reversing of universal motor
- Practice of wiring on electric motor, control panel etc
- Installation and fault finding practice
Electrician trade jobs, scope & salary
ITI passed electricians have diverse job opportunities available in front of them. They have access to both private sector and government sector jobs. Besides that, self employment is another opportunity available in front of them.
Some of the well known private sector recruiters are –
- MNCs (electrician)
- Power production and transmission companies
- Electrical equipment manufacturing firms
- Electrical appliance manufacturing firms
- Industries that use electrical machine
Some of the well known government sector recruiters are –
- State-wise electricity boards
- Municipal Corporations
- Armed Forces
In the above mentioned work setups, ITI electrical trade passed students may don the following roles –
- Wire man
- Repair expert
Self-employment opportunities include –
- Starting own electrical repair shop
- Starting own electrical goods store
- Becoming a contractor
- Being self-employed by offering one’s service to people
I want do this course electricion
I won’t do this course
i want do this coures electrician
sir mai iti electrician se krna chahta hu kya job ke liye shi tread h….
sir kya iti electrician(ncvt) trade k students uppcl me JE k liye apply kr sakte hai??????
sir me bhi iti se electrician bana cahta hu lekin me arts side se hu to kiya me apply kar sakta hu
Sir mene 8 pass kiya he to me iti electrician course kar sakta hu
Sir kya mein electrician ka course ka Sakta hu. Meine 2004 Mai 10+2 ki hai
I T I electrician me two year ki kiti fee hoti % kiti jaati hai
sir 2018 me admission kb open hoge????
I want to know that how much money require for an Electrician course by ITI in 2 years.
Sir mere high school compleat hai kya hum ectretion aur fitter, dijal enjan se apply kr skta hu
sir iske admission kb shuru ho jayenge