Are you interested in knowing more about some good paramedical courses in India? If yes, this article will be of help to you! In this article, I’ve listed some good, job oriented paramedical courses. These professional courses are being offered by numerous paramedical education institutes across India.
Before heading to the meat of the matter, list of best paramedical courses, let us check out some basic details about these courses. Let us start –
Paramedical Courses: Basic Details
Paramedical courses trains students and makes them capable of becoming allied healthcare workers. Allied healthcare workers are healthcare workers distinct from nursing, medicine and pharmacy.
They are very important to the healthcare system and actively contribute towards the system’s efficient functioning. Allied healthcare workers are usually seen working as part of a team (comprising of Doctors, Nurses and other healthcare workers). They play a key role in the team and offer skills such as diagnostic, technical, patient care and therapeutic skills (based on their qualification and specialization).
In short, they directly or indirectly are responsible for patient care. It is a profession that can bring smiles to the faces of patients!
Another good thing about paramedical courses is that they are job oriented courses. Allied healthcare professionals are in huge demand all across the world! Like good Doctors and Nurses are in huge demand, so are qualified allied healthcare professionals! Paramedical courses will help you become a qualified allied healthcare professional. In short, these courses are job oriented in nature.
Paramedical courses can be pursued by students who have passed 10th, 12th or graduation. The type of course one is eligible to pursue depends upon one’s present qualification!
Courses like MBBS, BDS, B.V.Sc. and BAMS are much sought after ones. Competition for getting an admission to these courses is so much so that not all students usually manage to get a seat! Under such circumstances, availability of paramedical courses is a boon to students!
In India, paramedical courses are available in 3 main formats –
- Bachelor’s Degree courses
- Diploma Certificate courses
- Certificate courses
Bachelor’s Degree courses can usually be pursued after completing 10+2 Science stream schooling (with PCB subjects).
Diploma courses can be pursued after 10+2 or 10th. It really depends upon the institute and the type of course offered.
Certificate courses can usually be pursued after completing 10th or 12th.
Eligibility criteria usually changes from one institute to another and it also depends on the nature of the course. Readers must give special attention to requirements and criteria set by the respective institutes.
Let us consider each course format and check out the list of top courses –
1 Bachelor’s Degree Paramedical Courses
Some of the well known Bachelor’s Degree paramedical courses include –
- B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc. in X Ray Technology
- B.Sc. in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- B.Sc. in Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Record Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. in Ophthalmic Technology
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. in Speech Therapy
- BASLP Course
- B.Sc. in Audiology
- B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology
- B.Sc. in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- B.Sc. in Optometry
Let us check out Diploma courses now.
2 Diploma Paramedical Courses
Some of the well known Diploma paramedical courses include –
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology (DOTT)
- Diploma in X Ray Technology
- Diploma in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- Diploma in ECG Technology
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Anaesthesia Technology
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant
- Diploma in Sanitary Inspector
- Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech (DHLS)
- Diploma in Dental Hygienist
- Diploma in Audiometry Technician
- Diploma in Audiology and Speech Therapy
Let us check out Certificate courses now.
3 Certificate Paramedical Courses
Certificate courses are entry level courses. They are not as valued as their Degree and Diploma counterparts. A certificate level paramedical course will help you get technician or assistant level job at relevant places. Some of the well known Diploma paramedical courses include –
- X-Ray/Radiology Assistant (or Technician)
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Operation Theatre Assistant
- Nursing Care Assistant (Certificate)
- ECG Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- CT Scan Technician
- Dialysis Technician
- MRI Technician
If you want to pursue a good paramedical course, the above lists will be of help to you. The lists provided above don’t cover all courses though! The best ones have made their way to the list!
While securing admission, give special admission to the ‘eligibility criteria’. I’ve noticed that eligibility criteria varies from one institute to another!
Share this awesome article!