Have you passed 8th standard? Do you want to join the Indian Army right after completing 8th class? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some soldier posts, which you may apply for after completing 8th standard.
Through its Soldier recruitment process, Indian Army is known to give training and jobs to 10th, 12th, Diploma and ITI passed students. There are some sub-categories within the Soldier post, which even 8th passed candidates may apply for!
Also check –
Government jobs after 8th in India
This article covers exactly those jobs! So, if you are an 8th passed candidate looking for a stable Government job, this post could be of help to you!
JOBS FOR 8TH PASSED STUDENTS IN INDIAN ARMY
8th passed jobs in Indian Army comes under the ‘Soldier’ category recruitment. Within the Soldier category, numerous job posts are available. One such post is – Soldier Tradesman.
LIST OF INDIAN ARMY JOB POSTS FOR 8TH PASSED CANDIDATES
Usually, 10th and ITI passed students are recruited to fill Soldier Tradesmen vacancy. However, there are three trades within this post, which even 8th passed candidates may apply for. They are –
- Mess Keeper
- House Keeper
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The minimum eligibility required to apply for the above posts is – 8th passed from a recognized board.
Candidate should be between 17½ to 23 years of age.
Candidates must satisfy the minimum measurements set for Chest, Height and Weight. The region-wise meaurement requirements are given below –
- Height: Western Himalayan Region (162 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (160 cms), Western Plains Region (162 cms), Eastern Plains Region (162 cms), Central Region (162 cms), Southern Region (166 cms).
- Chest: Western Himalayan Region (77 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (77 cms), Western Plains Region (77 cms), Eastern Plains Region (77 cms), Central Region (77 cms), Southern Region (77 cms).
- Weight: Western Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Eastern Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Western Plains Region (50 Kg), Eastern Plains Region (50 Kg), Central Region (50 Kg), Southern Region (50 Kg).
- A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 mtrs).
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for infantry should have 6/6 eye sight.
INDIAN ARMY SELECTION PROCESS (8th pass candidates)
Indian Army conducts Open Rally and recruitment drives to fill the above mentioned posts. If you want to take part in the recruitment process, the first step is to register for Open Rally.
Once the Rally starts and you reach the venue, your important documents will be verified. After verification, the following tests will be conducted –
- PFT (Physical Fitness Test)
- Medical Test
- CEE (Common Entrance Exam)
PFT consists of the following activities –
- 1.6 Km run
- Pull ups
- 9 feet ditch
Medical tests will be conducted to determine if the candidate is medically and physically fit or not. CEE is a written test.
On completion of the above mentioned tests, a final merit list is prepared. Marks scored by candidates in PFT, Medicals and CEE are used to create the merit list.
Deserving candidates, who feature in the merit list, are selected for training (depending upon the vacancy).
Indian Army conducts Open Rally across all the States and UTs across India. Details about the Open Rally schedule are published on the joinindianarmy.nic.in website as well as newspapers.Share this awesome article!